Edgestar mini-kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lardon8

Reaction score
So I recently got a mini-kegerator (yeah I know, but it was tough enough to convince the wife to let me spring for this let alone a full-size). This is what I have:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001LTJSU2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Question:
I need to get a CO2 kit so I can a) drink beer other than Heineken and b) have the ability to "mini-keg" rather than bottle. I called Edgestar and their branded adapter is back-ordered until next November. Yikes. So I was thinking I could get a mini-kegging kit and kill two birds? This is the one I'm looking at:
http://www.beer-wine.com/products/brew-king-5l-keg-complete-system

Is anyone familiar with the edgestar mini-kegerator and/or the tap-a-draft system? Are they compatible? I'm reasonably handy so could also do-it-myself if anyone has advice. Thanks a ton!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about these, I was also looking one on CL awhile back. I also looked at them at Midwest Brewing. They might have what you need. I did see plain kegs and such for this machine, there. Check their website or call them.

Lardon8, I recently purchased the Edgestar Mini Kegerator and the conversion kit. It's listed under Edgestar as a TBC50 but the same kit is sold for Avanti. check "beer conversion kits" in eBay, Google products and Amazon. I think I wound up buying it from Kegerator. com. I also just ordered the Tap-A-Draft with adapter, but not to use with the Kegerator, it's my backup in case the Kegerator goes down I can put the mini keg in some ice and not lose the beer in the kegerator. People have said that the mini kegerator will accomodate the 340g/12 oz co2 cylinder to the 16g cylinder used with the conversion kit. If you figure out what you need to do that let me know. Good Luck

Would it be possible to force carb the beer with the larger 12 oz cylinder? I also saw somewhere that it's not a good idea to use paintball cylinders because they have oil in them.

Oil has not been used in paintball cylinders for a very very long time. Do not fear the paintball tanks.

Back