ebrewsupply BIAB DIY kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwill07

Reaction score
I have a bunch of homebrew projects in the works, and started a blog to chronicle everything - makeitstout.com. The general theme is DIY homebrew gear, but right now I'm working on my new rig. In a nutshell, the rig is a 240V, 5500W keggle, bottom draining, all built into one movable stand.

Here is my build for the control box.
Control Box

questions/comments are always welcome.

I probably should have included some pictures:

CAD:
ENCLOSURE-WF.jpg

enclosure:
wiring1.jpg

lid:
wiring3.jpg

cleaned up wiring:
done-inside.jpg

finished:
done-outside.jpg

A couple of notes on ebrewsupply:
  • They included a female plug for the pump supply cord - should have been a male.
  • Instead of 10/3 wire (between the box and the element), they sent me 10/4. Quite a bit more thick and difficult to deal with.
Both of these were solved with a quick trip to Lowes, but a little frustrating I had to do that.

If anyone is curious, it's probably worth it to just buy the pre-built unit. It's ~$220 more, but buying the tools to make the thing gets you pretty close. I'm talking about multiple sizes of hole saws, wire crimper, wire stripper, etc. Plus, it takes a good amount of time to do. not sure it was worth it in the end.

I have the pre-built one. I figured as you said, the amount of time and tools would likely even out the cost. I've brewed with the pannel about 4 times now, going again today, it's been great once I got everything figured out.

I'm actually using it uniquely, I don't do BIAG, I have a 3V system. Since I batch spare I only really needed one pump so that part was easy. I have two kettles with electric elements and I just swap the plugs at the panel when I switch from HLT to Boil.

I don't have HERMs or RIMs because I use an insulated MLT.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back