ebay Amp/Volt Meter Panel Combo..small size..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCBrewer

Reaction score
So I was surfing ebay minding my own buisness and boom.... I find this...

MY BAD EDIT: Posted wrong line

Updated: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-AC-Dual-Display-300V-100A-Volt-Amp-LED-Panel-Meter-Current-Transformer-/380730180244?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58a5498294

What do you think? for mounting on control panel:

$T2eC16V,!y8E9s2fjtViBSRNsOH9pg~~60_3.JPG

If you need to measure dc voltage it'll work fine. I personally see little value in having a display tell me dc though. I measure that with a meter when setting up my adjustable power supplies and once they are set they are good.

One on hand, I agree: if you feel the need to constantly monitor a DC rail you're probably feeling guilty of doing something wrong and the better part of valor would be to just fix it ;)

On the other hand: IT HAS BLUE LEDS! AND IT LOOKS COOL!
I could totally see someone sticking one of these on one of them there fancy control panels, just for the cool factor...

Cheers! :D

[edit]
Ah, ok, the revised link points to something perhaps more useful in that it could monitor line voltage.
Otoh, how often is line voltage an issue?

I take it you originally posted a link to something else by mistake?

Anyways, looks like it would fit the bill to measure amps and AC voltage and take up a lot less room than 2 separate meters. Probably a cheap piece of Chinese junk, but you could buy 8 of the damn things for the price of better (read: more expensive) ones.

Back