Easy IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cknittle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have some ingredients for an IPA, wondering if its right and if anyone has suggestions for hop schedule. Doing BIAB, in a 30qt. Turkey fryer. The grains are pre mixed so I can't adjust that. I do have some spare hops on hand, cascade, fuggle, hallertau, and I think some northern brewer. As well as some additional 2 row and some white whet.

10.5 # American 2-row
1 # crystal 60l
.5 # special B

Hops are
1pz chinook
2oz cascade.

Hey guys, I have some ingredients for an IPA, wondering if its right and if anyone has suggestions for hop schedule. Doing BIAB, in a 30qt. Turkey fryer. The grains are pre mixed so I can't adjust that. I do have some spare hops on hand, cascade, fuggle, hallertau, and I think some northern brewer. As well as some additional 2 row and some white wheat.

10.5 # American 2-row
1 # crystal 60l
.5 # special B

Hops are
1oz chinook
2oz cascade

And am using a wyeast American ale yeast.

image-1557641829.jpg

This would give you around 42 ibu and should match ESB, AIPA & English IPA. Abc should be around 6%. I use brewersfriend.com

My recommendation, which you can follow, modify or ignore completely. Add another 2lbs of 2-row, or 1lb each of 2-row and wheat. You have 1.5lbs of crystal malts in the recipe, so mash around 148 or you will have a sticky-sweet beer rather than an IPA. You could also add just the lb of wheat and add about 8-10oz table sugar at flameout to help dry it out.

If you have Northern Brewer, use about 1.5oz at 60 minutes to bitter (If you only have 1oz NB, use that plus an ounce of the Fuggle). Add 1oz each of Chinook, Cascade and Hallertauer at flameout. Use the same combo as a dry-hop. If you have more Cascade, add another ounce or two at flameout.

This should give you a dark-reddish AIPA with roughly the following stats: 1.071/1.015/7.3%ABV, 50 IBUs.

Back