Easy Hop Spider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kop

Reaction score
This is a motor bearing bracket. Avail at just about any HVAC Supply house or motor repair shop. $20.

20150128_172731.jpg

Somewhere on hbt there is a sticky post telling you why you should never use galvanized metals to make anything you are going to eat or drink.

Nice find Kop

Johnstone Supply shows quite a few:
http://www.johnstonesupply.com/stor...s/c1027991-c1027667-c1043061-c1043097-p1.html

Any idea which one you purchased?

I'm in the grey area on galvanized.
Wouldn't cook in it, but am willing to let it sit above my pot.
Homes around here still have galvanized water lines.

Heck the couple cans of Pineapple Chunks I eat each week appear to come in galvanized cans.

Brew On!

'da Kid

Heck the couple cans of Pineapple Chunks I eat each week appear to come in galvanized cans.

I have been looking at designs that use a SS sink flange with carriage bolts (see mostlyharmlessbrewing.com).
But rather than $20 for what is shown in the OP or $12 or more for a sink flange, how about a large empty can from your pineapples and then you just get your bolts and your SS hose clamp to secure the bag onto the can.

Talk me out of this because this is sounding good to me right now.

Last edited:
Back