East Coast Ale 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mapleroots

Reaction score
Grain Bill=
52.89% Belgian Pale
22.52% White Wheat
15.44% Carmel Crystal-15L
5.64% Belgian biscuit
3.74% Honey Malt
1% Chocolate Pale
This brew will have a protein rest at 144*f for 1 hour, then Will raise to a mashing temp of 150*f for one hour and then star my sparing schedule.
This is going to be a 5 gal. batch with a water total of 1.25qt. per lb. grain total. in this instance around 13-13.5lb.
Hop will bee Sorachi Ace and Mt. hood. I'm still looking for a hop schedule, so any input would be much appreciated. Working with 2oz of both variety. Definitely going to dry hop mt. hood. I also will have 1oz of crystal and cascades on hand if I can find a way to put them in the mix.
I'll finish this one off With White labs East coast Ale-WLP008
brewing tomorow :fro:

Personally, this sounds like WAY too much crystal malt, especially if you count that honey malt behaves a lot like crystal malt in many ways.

for as light of a crystal malt as this is, I'm not to worried about it. I plan on my hop profile to cover the amount of malt I'm using in this brew. The grain is already blended together, I just need to put together a hop schedule.

Back