E/SE Nebraska group buy 1/2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, my wife just had our first baby last week and were in the hospital when the grain buy ended. So things have been hectic here. I'll pay here shortly.

Sorry, my wife just had our first baby last week and were in the hospital when the grain buy ended. So things have been hectic here. I'll pay here shortly.

Poor excuse...congrats on first baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

No worries. Congrats on the new addition. I have two kids myself, and I remember those times.

It says I just paid. Not terribly familiar with paypal. I use it just enough to remember my password but then have to dink around and figure payments out.

Or maybe it's just the massive lack of sleep. Nothing like three entire days with three hours of sleep.

Placing order today, gents. Had final orders paid last night and this AM. Will update on delivery when I know.

Can I just say that the wholesaler makes you jump through so many hoops...:mad:

The word is Friday it should ship. I'm guessing Monday for pickup, but I'll let you know.

In terms of pickup how long do we have to pick it up? My brother lives in Lincoln but travels. He won't be back until the march 8th weekend.

Marc77, since we have a bunch of stuff that we are splitting I can pick your up with mine and have it split into buckets so you can pick it up whenever from me. I live in plattsmouth which is about 20 miles north of Nebraska city so it might be closer to you anyway and we could always work out a meet in Nebraska city in a weekend.

Stovetop, I'm not sure where you live but if it's in the Omaha area I can grab your and split our stuff up too and then we can just meet up to get it to you. I am in Omaha a lot so it wouldn't be a big inconvenience.

Hoops officially jumped through. I may join the circus after this.

Waiting for confirmation on delivery. Will let you all know ASAP!

I'm South omaha, basically Bellvue. Pretty close to Plattsmouth

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Marc77, since we have a bunch of stuff that we are splitting I can pick your up with mine and have it split into buckets so you can pick it up whenever from me. I live in plattsmouth which is about 20 miles north of Nebraska city so it might be closer to you anyway and we could always work out a meet in Nebraska city in a weekend.

I'm going to be up in Nebraska City the weekend of March 8th. Doubt the grain will be in by then though. What do you typically store the grain in? I've never done bulk grain.

I'm going to be up in Nebraska City the weekend of March 8th. Doubt the grain will be in by then though. What do you typically store the grain in? I've never done bulk grain.

I use either buckets or large zipper bags once the bag is opened but I just leave it in the bag if I don't need to open it yet.

Supposed to ship tomorrow.

Whomever had the Munich 20L, they're out of Briess, so you're getting Best Malz Munich Dark substituted. It's a more expensive grain and you're now getting 55# of it, but I'll absorb the increase.

Just received and went over their order confirmation carefully and caught a few minor errors. They're correcting it now. Should be here within a few days!!

Great news thanks for the update and all the work, sounds like a headache

Supposed to ship tomorrow.

Whomever had the Munich 20L, they're out of Briess, so you're getting Best Malz Munich Dark substituted. It's a more expensive grain and you're now getting 55# of it, but I'll absorb the increase.

Anyone who is getting the substituted Dark Munich malt, and would like to trade for some Best Malz Light Munich malt, please let me know.

My order includes a half bag of Light Munich, but I would like to get some dark too.

If I read the order right, grain COULD be here today. I'll let you know.

Anyone who is getting the substituted Dark Munich malt, and would like to trade for some Best Malz Light Munich malt, please let me know.

My order includes a half bag of Light Munich, but I would like to get some dark too.

My dark Munich malt exchange offer would also apply to 1 for 1 amounts of Maris Otter or Best Malz pilsner malt.

Where will pick up be at again?

Debating how to do this. My place of employment surely grows tired of me "doing business" (pickups) out of their facility on week-days. Saturday is better for this. I can also trailer some grain around Lincoln to local folks if I can get my buddy's trailer, which I'm 99% sure I can.

If someone from the Omaha guys has a trailer I can borrow I can grab every body's and we can do a meet in Omaha but other wise I was just going to grab stovetop's and Marc77's grain but I haven't even gotten a definitive yes from them yet either.

Tre,
Do you know how many sacks need to get to Omaha?

I have a trailer, and would offer to get the load to Gretna. However, that might not be an ideal pickup point for some of the Omaha folks.

Sorry, been away from the comp for a couple days.

sfgoat, if it works for you to grab my grain that would be great.

If that doesnt work and we can get a trailer to Gretna, I can swing out to Gretna and pick up the stuff for some of the Omaha guys. My parents live in Gretna, so I am out there often. I live in South Omaha, pretty close to the new Gateway Elementary School.

I dont have a trailer buy my old beater truck has an extra leaf pack in the rear and has seen its far share of weight. This last summer I had 4300 lbs of aggregate in the bed to but down under our patio. She was riding pretty low, but we made it. As long as were not talking about more than 3k lbs of grain, I can move some into Omaha.

Sorry, been away from the comp for a couple days.

sfgoat, if it works for you to grab my grain that would be great.

If that doesnt work and we can get a trailer to Gretna, I can swing out to Gretna and pick up the stuff for some of the Omaha guys. My parents live in Gretna, so I am out there often. I live in South Omaha, pretty close to the new Gateway Elementary School.

I dont have a trailer buy my old beater truck has an extra leaf pack in the rear and has seen its far share of weight. This last summer I had 4300 lbs of aggregate in the bed to but down under our patio. She was riding pretty low, but we made it. As long as were not talking about more than 3k lbs of grain, I can move some into Omaha.

Saturday will be the only day I can pick up this week so hopefully it will be in by then and I will also get stovetop's and Marc 77's since that who I have splits with.

Tre,
Do you know how many sacks need to get to Omaha?

I have a trailer, and would offer to get the load to Gretna. However, that might not be an ideal pickup point for some of the Omaha folks.

processhead - Let me know if you are going to grab the grain. Justin S. and I are located in the Gretna area.

Just got a phone call, in the bathroom no less, that grain will be here tomorrow. They are unsure why the carrier did not deliver it yesterday, which was when they said it would be here (I was unaware of any confirmed delivery date, just that 1-2 days is typical turn time).

Monday afternoon would be the earliest I would be able to get to Lincoln for a pickup since I be out of town most of the weekend.

If Monday or later works for Tre and the Omaha buyers, I would still offer to pick the grain up.

Sfgoat, I won't be coming up this weekend. My 2 week old son got a virus that could've put him in the hospital. We think we're in the clear for that now though. So now it's time to think about other things. Beer came to mind first. ;-)

Please pick up my grain. We can figure out a pick up place and time. What all will I need to bring to pick this up? I might have to have a family member pick it up from you though. Just let me know what works best for you.

Sfgoat, I won't be coming up this weekend. My 2 week old son got a virus that could've put him in the hospital. We think we're in the clear for that now though. So now it's time to think about other things. Beer came to mind first. ;-)

Please pick up my grain. We can figure out a pick up place and time. What all will I need to bring to pick this up? I might have to have a family member pick it up from you though. Just let me know what works best for you.

Yeah we can work out a time. Just buckets or large zipper bags is all you will need. I might already have spare stuff I can just have it already split into but I'll let you know when we get there.

Sfgoat, your located in Plattsmouth, correct? Your going to pick up grain and take it to your place?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back