E/SE Nebraska group buy 1/2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfgoat

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Per Tre's request here is the new thread. He can't post because he is registered as a vendor. Once he emails out the code for brewbuys I will post it here. Thanks.

Sounds good. Look forward to getting another order put together. I don't need much, but I'm sure I can find something.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

First post, don't know much about these group buys but am interested in learning more. I live in CB and was wondering what the E/SE Nebraska group typically buys and how I can join in... Mostly interested in DME or LME at the moment...

First post, don't know much about these group buys but am interested in learning more. I live in CB and was wondering what the E/SE Nebraska group typically buys and how I can join in... Mostly interested in DME or LME at the moment...

It's all grain and adjuncts. No dme or lme on the options. Those can be purchased in 50 pound containers from places like your lhbs or online retailers.

This is the code I was sent. It came through my email on Jan 10.

35b4f786-a1f0-4f7e-9be8-7ebd6761d3ab

Anybody interested in splitting some chocolate malt and roasted barley? Shipping charges are also still quite outrageous so we might need to generate some more interest of just keep it running a bit longer.

Sounds good. I don't need much this time around. I would probably be more willing to split some bags with people.

Both the malts you want to split I do not use very often. It would Take years for me to go through 25 lbs. If anyone wants to split a split of those I would do it.

I know splits of splits are complicated, so if someone wants a straight split, by all means go for it.

I was just able to put in my order, so I think it should be fine. use the code specified by sfgoat above after you create your brewbuys.com login (if you haven't already). Should be just like last time. Email [email protected] with issues.

Looks like we're moving along. I see a bunch of people have signed up for the buy but haven't added any items. You can always email me at [email protected] if you have questions.

Does anybody want to do any splits, either 2-way or 4-way? I'm looking to split on perhaps some c-60, chocolate malt, roasted barley, Honey malt. Just state your interest and maybe we can get that going. I don't appear to be on the email list so I havent been seeing any emails during this buy.

Where is the pick up for this? I may be interested depending on how far I've got to drive, I'm in KC.

Where is the pick up for this? I may be interested depending on how far I've got to drive, I'm in KC.

It is in lincoln. But I live in plattsmouth and others live in Omaha and either I can pick it up if you cant or if someone closer volunteers great and then you can just pick it up at your convenience at someones house.

Does anybody want to do any splits, either 2-way or 4-way? I'm looking to split on perhaps some c-60, chocolate malt, roasted barley, Honey malt. Just state your interest and maybe we can get that going. I don't appear to be on the email list so I havent been seeing any emails during this buy.

I haven't sent emails really, but there hasn't been any chatter. I'll direct people to the HBT thread, and likewise anyone can email me as per above.

If we get anyone further south you can certainly work to meet them halfway. I'd drive as far as I-29 and Hwy 2 in Nebraska City to help you out, but that's still 2+ hours for you.

If we could find another person I would be interested in the chocolate and roasted barley.

If we get anyone further south you can certainly work to meet them halfway. I'd drive as far as I-29 and Hwy 2 in Nebraska City to help you out, but that's still 2+ hours for you.

That'd completely work, I grew up in that area. Actually my parents live just a smidge north around the Percival exit. Let me talk to my brewing partner but that 50 lb Briess 2 row for $36 a bag is ridiculously good.

I didn't see it until I went to the other page but my brother lives in Lincoln so I might just have him pick it up and then haul it to my parents. Then I can just get it from them the next time I see them. I'm sure I can work it out. ;)

Any takers?

I might be interested but need to talk to my brewing partner to see what we want to end up with. Would it be a 2, 3 or 4 way split? I "think" him and I will be signing up for at least 2 bags of 2 row to start with.

Would anyone be interested in splitting some Munich Malt 10L?

I might be interested but need to talk to my brewing partner to see what we want to end up with. Would it be a 2, 3 or 4 way split? I "think" him and I will be signing up for at least 2 bags of 2 row to start with.

Would anyone be interested in splitting some Munich Malt 10L?

Well as of now there is only two of us that want to do the split and if you want to that would make it a 3 way split.

Looks like lots of people signed up but most haven't added anything to their order. If shipping costs are scaring you away, please realize they're spread over the entire order, so the more bags, the cheaper the shipping per bag. Generally it's just a few bucks. Also keep in mind we need 20 bags or more just to get started. Last time we had nearly 90 I believe, which really reduced the shipping.

Looks like lots of people signed up but most haven't added anything to their order. If shipping costs are scaring you away, please realize they're spread over the entire order, so the more bags, the cheaper the shipping per bag. Generally it's just a few bucks. Also keep in mind we need 20 bags or more just to get started. Last time we had nearly 90 I believe, which really reduced the shipping.

Have we not hit 20 yet?

Don't worry, as I said earlier between my brewing partner (brother in law) and I we'll probably order 2 if not 3 bags of the 2 row. That's an insane price on that.

Then possibly split one or two with ya sfgoat. Just need to make sure he wants some of the chocolate, not sure about the roasted barley though.

Any takers on a split of a Munich Malt 10L bag? We've been making a Three Floyds Zombie Dust clone on HBT and for a 10 gallon batch we only use 2.25 lbs of it.

Let me check my basement tonight after work and see what I have of the 10 left.

I have lots of 10 left, you will have to count me out on that one.

That's cool, anyone else looking to split a bag of Munich Malt 10L?

Also how does payment for all of this work out? I've never been part of a group buy before.

That's cool, anyone else looking to split a bag of Munich Malt 10L?

Also how does payment for all of this work out? I've never been part of a group buy before.

I send out invoices to the email you used for brewbuys, then you can pay via paypal.

Have we not hit 20 yet?

Just barely, and that includes my 6 bags, which I'm not certain I can do that many or not. Surprised the interest is so low this time. Or are people just not aware of it?

The past few orders have been between 40-90 bags :confused:

Just barely, and that includes my 6 bags, which I'm not certain I can do that many or not. Surprised the interest is so low this time. Or are people just not aware of it?

The past few orders have been between 40-90 bags :confused:

I'm ok with letting it run longer. Maybe some are waiting for tax returns and stuff or just haven't seen it yet. Up to you though. If we have enough then cool but I like to see the shipping cost get down to $0.10/pound.

I'd buy 2 bags, I just need to get a mill. Or borrow someone's and vacseal them.

I'm ok with letting it run longer. Maybe some are waiting for tax returns and stuff or just haven't seen it yet. Up to you though. If we have enough then cool but I like to see the shipping cost get down to $0.10/pound.

Well I just updated my order to 7 bags and we are at $0.11 per pound shipping, which I can be happy with.:ban:

Back