Dunkel Weizen Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucashtorres

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know there are other threads concerning dunkel weizen fermentation but they are old and I didn't find answer for my situation.

My plan was to ferment my dunkel weizen between 62F and 63F (I keep it on a refrigerator - there is no heating system on the room and outside temperature is around 8F). On the third day of fermentation the temperature started dropping and now on the fourth day it is around 60.5F. Although it still bubbles from time to time. Do you think I should keep it that way or should try to warm it back to 62-63F?
Thanks a lot!

Lallemand recommends a bit warmer than 60, so warming it up a bit would probably be the way to go.

Thanks for the advice! I intend to do it :)
Lallemand says its "ready" within four days so I thought maybe the yeasts were done (on the first 2,5/3 days the refrigerator was fighting against their heat - thus I think they might have done a good job - I hope! lol). This is my first weizen and first time with this yeast..
Thanks!

Back