Dumb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headhunterfmr15

Reaction score
I am new to brewing and wine making. I am thinking about making a peach wine. Years ago I had some homemade peach wine from an old man that I once knew. He would always say that it was triple twisted. It was the best most potent wine that I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. I drank maybe 10 ounces and was pretty well on my way to being drunk. To me it seemed more like a peach moonshine but it wasn’t clear and it had color and a lot of flavor and it was kinda sparkly. My question is what the hell is triple twisted? Or what does twisted mean in general. I can’t find a reference to it anywhere

If you were new to alcohol then 10 oz would probably have had that effect.

Twisted simply means an adulteration of something with alcohol... Twisted Tea, etc...

Triple twisted was probably just slang meaning that instead of the normal beer level ABV of 4-5% it was probably three times that at 12-15% ABV which would be normal for a wine.

Agree with the above. Also, peach is one of the most difficult flavors to work with in my experience. For what its worth, don't expect that classic canned peach flavor to come through, especially if you use fresh, ripe peaches. Which you should!

You get the peach flavor from the skin right? A peach brandy that was aged on peach skins maybe what the old man was making. As for the old man's vernacular.... People have all kinds of funny phrases that they pick up or invent.

I do a 1 gallon peach mead from time-to-time, and found it takes about 8 lb of fresh peaches in the one gallon to make the peach flavor come out. I do peel them, freeze, thaw and smush then refreeze, and add them at the beginning.

I remember googling "raisin jack", such as the prisoners made in in a plastic bag stashed in a toilet in the original Longest Yard movie to see exactly what it was. I seem to recall what I read was that "jacking" was the process of adding more raisins and sugar a couple more times after the original batch was started. However, i can't find that link now and most of the hits that come up are for the freezing method.

Back