Dry Peach Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
So I was doing some racking/bottling/etc. on the wines I have going right now, and I got to the peach wine that I have going. Is my first attempt at using fresh peaches to make wine.

Anyways, it is fantastic as is. It smells like a ripe peach, has the right color, has cleared, and since it was fairly low alcohol, the burn is gone after only a few months. I went ahead and stabilized. Right now I am definately going to keep some of it dry, I just have to decide if I want to sweeten some of it up to make it a "typical" peach wine, since I have never seen a dry peach wine before.

What was your recipee for your peach wine? I know I'm not answering the question, but you've sparked my interest.

25 lbs peaches
8 lbs sugar
5 campden tablets
5 tsp acid blend
5 tsp yeast nutrient
1 1/4tsp tannin
pectic enzyme
champagne yeast
OG was 1.092

chunked up peaches and tossed into a fermentation bag along with everything but the yeast. Next day after the campden was done doing its thing I added the yeast. Let it go for about 10 days, pulled the peaches and racked to secondary. When it was clear I racked again and stabilized.

Oh yeah, the peaches were VERY ripe and fresh off the tree. Got them from a u-pick orchard nearby.

I've been wanting to try a peach wine. :)

I have some peaches in the freezer waiting for secondaries to free up.

As for sweetening, its pretty easy to sweeten part of the batch. I'd go for it.

Latest posts

Back