Dry hopped Shandy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamursch

Reaction score
I've got a shandy that's tasting great but the aroma is bit sour and I bought maybe dry hopping it might add character while masking this sour aroma.
The only issue is that I'm not sure what hop to use to compliment a shandy style beer. Any suggestions? The hops I've used to brew with was Motueka.

unionrdr said:
Maybe sorachi ace? It gives lemon flavor/aroma...

I've thought of using SA but wondered if it would bring too much bittering? I was thinking Amarillo, cluster, or maybe something more common in the fruit beer style.

Clearly this is an odd request since its been viewed a ton but only has one reply. :)

Ok. I added 1 oz of Sorachi Ace last night. I've got the Shandy flavor I want I just need to tweak the aroma so hopefully that does it. Ill post my results next week.

Side note: this beer has dragged out and I'm ready for it to be done and drinkable!!!

Forgive me but aren't shandy's supposed to have a sour aroma? They are a mixture of lemonaid and beer, right? Soriachi ace has a very lemon citrus aroma and flavor so I would expect it to not only compliment but enhance the sourness. This may or may not be what you're going for, but I wish you luck.

Back