Dry hop recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GravyTrain77

Reaction score
I'm grabbing a simple IPA and wanted to change it up a little bit. So far i've done 3 very different recipes and have all been by the books. What would be a good hop to use to dryhop this?

I have heard good things about faconer's flight. If it were me I would pick up an extra ounce and dry hop with that.

Depends on what you like. I like citrusy flavors, so centennial has been good to me. What flavor are you looking for?

Maybe someone more experienced than me can give a quick rundown of classic hops vs flavor (eg. hop x gives good pine flavor, hop y gives a woody flavor, etc.).

There is a diagram in one of palmers books that map out what type of flavor profile they have. Ill see if I can find it.

bacchusmj said:
There is a diagram in one of palmers books that map out what type of flavor profile they have. Ill see if I can find it.

Very interested to see it. I've never read Palmer's book.

I may have that. I just don't know if certain flavors clash. Since I have a thread... does anyone have a guide for amounts of priming sugar per batch?

Back