Dry hop question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davevjordon

Reaction score
I brewed what I hope will be an IPA. 10 gallon batch. It's been fermenting for a week now, split between two fermentation buckets. I only added 1oz of Simcoe, as soon as the beer went into fermenters (split that one ounce between the two buckets). So that will be in for a total of 14 days. I do like very hoppy beer and now that I have plenty of Citra and I'm 7 days out from kegging, I'm thinking about dry hopping some of that. Note: again this is a 10 gallon batch, and at 15 min left in the boil, I added 2oz Crystal, and at flame out added 3oz Simcoe, then dry hopped 1oz Simcoe. Any recommendations or thoughts or predictions? I do really like IPA's with citrus aroma.

25lb 2 row, 1lb Crystal 60, 1lb Flaked Oats
1oz Warrior (first Wort), 1oz Cascade 60min, 1oz Cascade & 1oz Crystal 30min, 2oz Crystal 15min, 3oz Simcoe Flameout, 1oz Simcoe dry hop (will be 14 days).... ____oz Citra dry hop 7 days?

I add 2oz of citra to each carboy 5-7 days before kegging to my IPA's. I also like Citrus IPA's! I've also used 1oz citra and 1oz mosaic to each carboy.

Back