Dry Hop/Interference...weirdness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plinythelderphan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I brewed a little more TF Zombie Dust, fabulous first batch, and I could not believe the fermentation bomb that erupted in my basement. Wow, that thing was on fire! The activity in the airlock was so intense, I've never seen that much going on there! The lid popped off continuously, I set heavy things on top of it to prevent it from blowing off and making a disaster of a mess. The smell and color are great, really pleased with everything...

So after about 72 hours the activity ceased...no activity in the airlock. I'm heading out of town so I though, what the hell, I'll add my dry hops a bit early. My rule that I've followed is after the fermentation ceases in the airlock plus a day or so. Maybe too quick, but it's worked for me.

So I added the hops was gone for awhile, came back and noticed fermentation had started again. It's slow about 1 bubble per 10-15 seconds...

I'm not worried about the beer itself, my questions are:

1.) Is this odd? I'm thinking of calling it Lazarus Ale.

2.) Will I need to repitch more hops at a later time to account for any potential erosion of hoppiness?

Thanks, cheers.

You just agitated the solution by putting the hops in and some of the stored co2 was being released from the beer. Nothing to worry about.

Back