Drunk on great brews...I love you...all of you.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyclman

I Sell Koalas
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, not that drunk, but in a particularly good mood, as my generous and forgiving SWMBO bought me a 20G Blingman and a burner for Christmas. Can't wait to do 10 or even 15G batches.

Looking back on the time since I took up homebrewing, and more recently, inviting myself into the HBT community, I have so much to be thankful for relative to this wonderful hobby.

When I brewed that first Dry Dock Apricot Blonde on my stovetop, who knew what it could have led to. Now, scores of brews, wines, and soon to be my first mead later, my life has been so enriched by this passion / addiction.

I have learned to love really big beers- I have wonderful homebrewed Wee Heavy, a Bourbon Barrel Cherry Quad, a Dubbel, and an Imperial Pumpkin in my beer fridge. I have made some delicious Doppelbock and Dunkel Doppelbock pilsners, a true revelation. At homebrew nights, they were very well received. I don't have the skill to compete at this point, but appreciation from my fellow homebrewers is appreciated recognition of my efforts.

I have gone truly hop crazy, made an American Dark with 8 oz of homegrown hops, delicious. I have 5 hop bines in my back yard, expect a few pounds next year.

I am no scientist, certainly no brewmaster, but I am definitely a brewing geek. I have spent more on equipment and gadgets than I would care to admit to even myself- I am a road warrior for a living, so with family I just don't have the time, (or frankly, the skills) to produce the wonderful contraptions I routinely see on HBT. As I said, I am blessed with a tolerant wife and decent cashflow (hey, this homebrew stuff is cheaper than the Corvette I lust after).

I started the Beacon Point Brewclub, and have through that met a number of super wonderful people, and know that I have played a small role in adding to the number of homebrewers in CO. That's a really good thing, IMO.

I am a road warrior by profession, and get to meet brewers and brewpub employees all over the place- it is incredible how when you ask a few knowledgeable questions they open up with tons of fascinating information. An oh, the great craft beer (and food) there is out there to be enjoyed!

And I am far from done. I have a dozen brewing books, and a very very long list of brews I want to try. I just got a smaller BIAB setup so I can go crazy with minimal consequence.

And HBT is a real passion. I have a blabbering mouth, I apologize that my passion and overposting often exceeds my knowledge and abilities, but my misstatements have been treated with such kindness it is rather amazing in this snarky age. People who know my understand that my blabbering is always with only the best of intentions.

I can think of no more interesting, challenging, rewarding, social, and intoxicating hobby than homebrewing. Thank you all for letting me be a tiny cog in this wonderful community and hobby.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

If anyone is evern in the SE Denver area, I'd love to meet for a pint (or two) or even to share a homebrew- drop me a note. :mug: If you go to GABF Saturday session, I'd love to meet up, I go annually.

No problem dude! Sitting here finishing off a bottle that was given to me buy a great brewer, and thinking to myself that I need to step up my own production. What a great holiday season it has been As I am watching 2 of my children enjoy a game together while i polish off this bottle. Can't wait to finally get into a situation where my brews can take on the level of some of the brews that I have tasted from other home brewers!

I liked the thread title....OP’s post was to long for me to read all of it but I’m sure it was great.

The thread title had enough merit for me to bring it back to life.

Cheers.... I love you..all of you!!!!!!!!!
:ban:

Latest posts

Back