Dripping foam!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyleon702

Reaction score
I just tried to pour my first glass of beer and all I got was dripping foam from my tap. I have a 5gal keg of Blue Moon set at 37 deg and the pressure was set at 10lbs for two days. I'm new at this and need some help.

You might be surprised about a lack of response to your thread.. but this is not really the right location for your post. I would recommend taking some time to scroll down on the main forum and find the "Bottling/Kegging" section of the forum.

You are not the first to have this kind of issue. Take a look there and maybe try the search function.

Couple things to double check. Make sure that you have the right dip tube on the OUT side, make sure that the tank still has pressure, pull the pressure release and make sure you are getting a release of pressure. If all are as expected, I would get a thermometer and make sure the bottom of your fridge (or whatever you are using) is really at the temp expected. It is possible that you (partially) froze the bottom of your keg.

possibly because you didnt wait atleast a week or so... you need to let your beer carb up properly.... keep it set anywhere from 8-14 psi for a week or so then re-try to pour a glass.

I checked the lines they are all hooked up correctly. I pulled the pressure release and had pressure. I tried to release pressure from the keg with air turned off but it didn't have any. My tap doesn't have a way to force carb the keg. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

The air temp is right on, keg is not frozen.

I checked the lines they are all hooked up correctly. I pulled the pressure release and had pressure. I tried to release pressure from the keg with air turned off but it didn't have any. My tap doesn't have a way to force carb the keg. I guess I will just wait and see what happens.

The air temp is right on, keg is not frozen.

So when you use the tap, it just "drips" foam.. not a glass full kind of thing? I would make sure the out tube is the one that goes to the bottom of the keg. IF the keg has pressure but you get a dribble of foam, my guess is something is wrong with the output. Either the wrong tube (short tube is the air tube, long tube is the out tube). OR maybe something is plugging the dip stick?

Rookie mistake I'm sorry!!!! I took the lines and tap off again to clean the lines and realized the little ball was in the craddle not under the craddle on the beer line causing a restriction of flow.

Rookie mistake I'm sorry!!!! I took the lines and tap off again to clean the lines and realized the little ball was in the craddle not under the craddle on the beer line causing a restriction of flow.

Hey, it happens to all of us! Glad you got it sorted out, so enjoy some of that homebrew =)

The other day, I was bottling off some beer from one of my kegs and when I pulled the hose off, the poppet was stuck and beer shot all over the place (mainly the ceiling and me). My wife was walking by at the time and said "what the hell, did you forget how to do this?"

Back