Drinking my first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UWDawg13

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391986405.093714.jpg

Midwest Brewing Ferocious IPA extract kit. Primary 2 weeks, secondary 10 days. Cracked a bottle during Super Bowl and it was very good (after just a week in bottle - I know, but had to try it while watching my Seahawks). SWMBO and I are just about to bottle second batch and enjoying the fruits of our labor while doing so.

That picture is from today after 2 weeks in bottle. Overly cloudy from not straining wort while putting in primary, and no hop bag when dry hopping. Don't mind a cloudy beer though.

Can finally RDWHAHB!

Cheers!

Go Dawgs!
Go Hawks!

Congrats, Nice. I also like the Olympic glass, good timing.

If you want to try to clear your beer next time, try cold crashing. It works well for me.

Thanks Kevin. Thought about cold crashing in the garage, since I don't have any temp controlled means to do so, but knew it was going to be cloudy anyways and don't mind that. Thanks on the glassware compliment. Have a set of 4 from the local dive bar from the 2010 Olympics. I did have to drink a couple pitchers of Bud to get them, but I think it was well worth it. Cheers.

Thanks Kevin. Thought about cold crashing in the garage, since I don't have any temp controlled means to do so, but knew it was going to be cloudy anyways and don't mind that. Thanks on the glassware compliment. Have a set of 4 from the local dive bar from the 2010 Olympics. I did have to drink a couple pitchers of Bud to get them, but I think it was well worth it. Cheers.

Enjoy the glasses. If they made you drink a pitcher of Bud, you earned them. :D

Congratulations! Looks delicious! I also enjoyed some homebrew while I watched my Hawks bring home the big W!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Congrats! A little whirlfloc tablet or some Irish moss can do wonders to clarify your beer.

Thanks DaBorg, still riding the high (and the home brews aren't hurting) of that win. First championship of my lifetime and I've been a Seattle everything fan since I was born. Born and raised 45 minutes from the big city - cheers!

Congrats! A little whirlfloc tablet or some Irish moss can do wonders to clarify your beer.

Thanks for the suggestion. Was thinking about picking up some Irish moss at the LHBS when i got my ingredients for the next batch (empty primary ATM and I'm a little upset about it). Wanted to see the difference between my first 2 batches first before adding onto the ingredients/processes. I see this as a life long hobby I'll keep so don't mind taking things slow.

I've done 2 extract batches now, and a 3rd in the mix. Both from Midwest brewing. And while I think the IPAs are going to turn out well, they're just not quite the hit-you-in-the-face hoppy, bitter, citrusy, and floral IPAs I'm looking for. Need to do some more research in the recipe section I guess.

Cheers!

+1 on the Irish Moss. I am a noob too. 2 batches so far and planning the 3rd in a couple weeks. I jumped straight into AG because I'm a glutton for punishment but I used Irish moss on my last two batches and they were both totally clear of flocculent. Now if I can figure out this stinking chill haze thing! If it's not one thing it's another. Cheers!

+1 on the Irish Moss. I am a noob too. 2 batches so far and planning the 3rd in a couple weeks. I jumped straight into AG because I'm a glutton for punishment but I used Irish moss on my last two batches and they were both totally clear of flocculent. Now if I can figure out this stinking chill haze thing! If it's not one thing it's another. Cheers!

Thanks, congrats to you too, you've got more stones than I to dive head first into AG. Will have to try the Irish moss.

Back