Draughtcraft.com - New Online Recipe Tool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@adie

My descriptions are primarily adapted from ingredient lists found at https://www.homebrewtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page, and from any specific manufacturers' websites (especially for malt extracts).

@nate

I've got a mobile version in the back of my mind, but it's not in the works yet. Once I get to a point where I feel good about the stable web version, I'll probably do more work supporting a subset of functionality for mobile devices.

I'm not sure that a mobile recipe builder will be a reality in the near future - in my opinion, most mobile platforms aren't sufficient for something as information and interaction-intensive as a recipe building tool. It would be really useful to have a portable view of your recipes, and some brew-day specific tools, though (like timers, etc...).

@nate

I've got a mobile version in the back of my mind, but it's not in the works yet. Once I get to a point where I feel good about the stable web version, I'll probably do more work supporting a subset of functionality for mobile devices.

I'm not sure that a mobile recipe builder will be a reality in the near future - in my opinion, most mobile platforms aren't sufficient for something as information and interaction-intensive as a recipe building tool. It would be really useful to have a portable view of your recipes, and some brew-day specific tools, though (like timers, etc...).

The thing that is annoying about the existing software out there is having to use multiple platforms and apps to get the job done. I have Beer smith2, which I usually have to enter manually a starting recipe and change to my liking. Then I use a print out sheet for brew day on hops and ingredients.
You have to enter the measurements back into beer smith after brewing unless you bring your laptop out to the brew area.
Then I use chronlite to have multiple timers for mash and rests and boil etc.
Then I have a unit conversion app too just in case.
It would be nice to have one place to manage recipes and brewing.
Brew day helper area would be nice. Nothing fancy. Hop schedule, mash info, grain weights etc. And a timer.
If I can access it on my iphone when I walk into the brew shop to get ingredients that makes it even better. Like a shopping list so to speak.
But I also know you can't please everyone and everyone has their own way of brewing. There seems to be a million ways to brew a beer.
The website is slick and efficient. It will make an excellent recipe sharing database. You need to figure out a way to pay for your development and hosting with out turning off the home brewer that is trying to stay on budget.

Something's not right with the auto-refresh on the recipe builder. When I add ingredients, it's not changing anything on the recipe statistics.

If I try to add a subsequent ingredient, it just sticks in the drop-down box and doesn't get added as a line item in the recipe (and the statistics don't update).

Let me know if it doesn't make sense. It just appears "stuck".

I get the same thing. Changes are not being saved when adding ingredients to recipe.
Also I have tried changing AA for hops and it keeps wanting to use a default value I guess.
Northern Brewer defaults to 8.5 when I tried to put 9.8 several times.
Also my IBUs are off for my recipe. Should be 32.2 and your calc says 12.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the heads up - just a bug that slipped into last night's release. Sorry about that - it's fixed now :).

When changing a Flame out hop addition to Boil 0 minutes it resets it to 60 minutes. It 't also happens with new hop added.

Anything new going on with this? I've been using it as a time waster / sketchpad / beer brainstorming tool waaaay too much at work. :)

Hey Burgs,

I've got some minor updates planned for the coming weeks :). Life's had me a bit busy lately (wife had a baby a few weeks ago :D - prost!).

Anyways, I've got some cool mini-features (and a big one) coming soon - keep your eyes peeled!

Oh - and because I just can't resist:

375621_805916914348_46707172_37033025_1810478992_n.jpg

Back