Double dry hopping, technique?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtab78

Reaction score
So...I was wondering if anyone has dry hopped in a primary, and then after 5 days or so, transferred to a secondary and then dry hopped again? Not sure if this will accomplish anything or not, but if it does, what's the benefit?

Also, if this does accomplish anything, would dry hopping with one hop in primary, and then a different hop in secondary, would one cancel the second out, or over power it?

Thats exactly what I do and it seems to work for me. I like the fact that the first dryhop is in the primary and that means one less transfer.

Do u use different hops each time, or the same hop? I have a simcoe, centennial and cascade ipa, I was thinking of doing this technique is why I ask...I was gonna dh with 1oz centennial now (8 days in primary) and then 2 Oz citra after I transfer to secondary...but I'm not sure if the citra will over power that 1oz centennial....or if I should reverse the order?

I do one hop for 4 days and then the next for another 4 and so on. Typically I do 2 different hops at 2 different times.

Back