Don't laugh it's paid for brew fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mascrappo

Reaction score
OK time to have a laugh. Here is my on-the-cheap brew fridge. Inkbird 308 and 2 heating plates. My first attempt, we'll see I suppose!

Attachments

• beer fridge.jpg
    beer fridge.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 180
Looks legit :)
It'll be interesting to see how those 25 watt heating pads perform. I hope your Inkbird probe will either be thermowell'd or strapped to the fermenter side with a thick chunk of insulation over it. Definitely don't control the chamber by the air temperature within...

Cheers!

LOL, I live in desert New Mexico where night time temps dip but rapidly warm as fast during the day...so 25W hopefully enough. I do thermowell setup normally and plan to do in fridge as well.

Looks legit :)
It'll be interesting to see how those 25 watt heating pads perform. I hope your Inkbird probe will either be thermowell'd or strapped to the fermenter side with a thick chunk of insulation over it. Definitely don't control the chamber by the air temperature within...

Cheers!
In answer to your question, yes, those two plates do work. Past few days have not got above freezing and so far so good! I opted for the Anvil fermentor and heat does reach the wort; I feared the plastic bottom protector would not let it pass. Cheers!

Back