Don't eat hop pellets...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GT_Jon

Reaction score
So far, I think that's the biggest mistake I've made while brewing my first batch. Any other seemingly obvious rookie mistakes you can warn fellow brewers about?

Maybe I had a bad batch, or aren't used to it. But I had the bitter taste of hops in my mouth for a few days, and I only had one.

Wouldn't think of it, but thanks for the warning. No a big bitter fan so I don't think I would much care for the taste.

He used Crest Extra IPA paste, Kills bad breath and germs while giving you that fresh I just Drank an IPA taste no matter what time of the day!:tank::ban:

Officer: Have you been drinking?
Me: That's not beer on my breath; it's toothpaste.
Officer: Please step out of the vehicle.

it is fun to eat one and then have a noob try one that isn't used to the bitterness. it is like an initiation to the brew group

it is fun to eat one and then have a noob try one that isn't used to the bitterness. it is like an initiation to the brew group

That's how my first brew-a-long went. I was observing before diving in on my own, and they "initiated" me by having me try a hop pellet. Wasn't so fun at the time, but now when others come over to do the same, they also give it a shot. Its more fun on this side :p

I was individually bagging a pound of Centennial yesterday and using a straw to suck the excess air out. Some powdered hop made its way into the straw and to the back of my throat. That was a shocking bitterness that lasted for the entire brew day.

I think I inhaled some Columbus hops during my first brew. I was so excited I re-enacted the Sam Adams commercials from a few years ago (the one where he sticks his face in a handful of hops and breathes in). I could smell the hops for about 3 days after that.

Latest posts

Back