Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigB

Reaction score
Anybody else try this recently? I found it tasty, but was hammered after only 3 beers! Plus I have a slight hangover this morning:drunk:

First time I tried it, I hated it. Second time around I found it quite good (this is why I always try a beer a couple times before passing judgement on it). Yeah, it's a big beer that will get you wrecked if you're not careful.

I was exposed to this beer first when I was breaking up with an old girlfriend; that and a Cerberus Tripel made the night easier to bear.

But I was 20, and didn't know squat about beer. So I should come back to it and try some with SWMBO.

I like most dfh beers. Unfortunately this isn't one of them. I found it too sweet, but that's just my taste. The raisin d'extra however is delicious (should you be able to find it).

i brought a gallon of it to a party. holy crap, i got wrecked! i'm lucky somebody didn't try to mug me, the way i was stumbling. damn tasty beer though.

I like it, but I can't drink more than one at a time. It's a sipper nightcap beer for me. It'll hit room temp long before I finish.
It's like eating two slices of pie, the first is good, about halfway through the second you realize it was too much.

Back