Dog won't let owner have beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had it been a good beer I would have popped the mess out of that dog. But since its just bud heavy I'd let it go.
when people leave BMC in my fridge I usually just end up pouring into my back yard. My dog loves BMC, but if I try to put anything other than that he wont drink it. I think since dogs are super sensitive to smell, he avoids the hops. Which is why he is a BMC fan i guess? :mug:

when people leave BMC in my fridge I usually just end up pouring into my back yard. My dog loves BMC, but if I try to put anything other than that he wont drink it. I think since dogs are super sensitive to smell, he avoids the hops. Which is why he is a BMC fan i guess? :mug:

IIRC, hops are toxic to dogs....

If thats an urban myth, feel free to correct me.

My dog acts like that when I try to give him crap beer not take it away.

When friends abandon BMC in my fridge, I love to shake it up real good, then take it outside and puncture it a couple of times with a pin or paperclip. My boxer LOVES to chase and drink the spewing swill and it provides entertainment for all of us for a few minutes. Good fun!

IIRC, hops are toxic to dogs....

If thats an urban myth, feel free to correct me.

Not exactly an urban myth, some dogs have an inherited genetic defect called malignant hyperthermia which can be activated by hops themselves, whether fresh or used in brewing. No one has ever seen a link between beer that has been hopped and MH; seems that whatever triggers the disease is not present in the oils from hops, just the hops themselves.

Danger of Hops to Dogs

Not exactly an urban myth, some dogs have an inherited genetic defect called malignant hyperthermia which can be activated by hops themselves, whether fresh or used in brewing. No one has ever seen a link between beer that has been hopped and MH; seems that whatever triggers the disease is not present in the oils from hops, just the hops themselves.

Danger of Hops to Dogs

Thanks Swordsman! Its one of those things I never got around to reading up on....

Back