Dog Grooming Table = BIAB Stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at this got me thinking... how much weight could that neck hold?

30"
Grooming Table

The general shape looks good, I wouldn't trust that neck with a heavy grain bill, especially since it's just clamped to the table from the picture. It also doesn't look tall enough to pull the bag out of a pot so you would have to extent and reinforce that. Otherwise, I don't think it looks like a terrible option. The legs do look a little flimsy though.

The tables supposed to support 220 lbs. Not sure if I'd need to extend the arm or not. I suspend the bag like an inch off the wort so it's not completely out of the pot.

The weight rating is the total amount spread out across the table, I don't think it's the weight rating of each leg of the table. When dealing with boiling water, go way over kill. If it did dump, the medical bills would cost a lot more. Find a friend with a mig welder and show up with steaks and beer, and all the tubing cut to size. Most tubing suppliers will also cut the tubing, then you just have to MIG it in place. Harbor fright sells cheap flux (no gas) "MIG" welders.

I intend to use the table just to hold the electric controller for my mash, and misc other things throughout the brew process.. the kettle is on an anvil burner with leg extensions.

I intend to use the table just to hold the electric controller for my mash, and misc other things throughout the brew process.. the kettle is on an anvil burner with leg extensions.

Ahhh well that solves the height issue and the weight issue... crucial missing detail my friend :D:mug:

Back