Does anyone use this for heating mash water?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bump. I just saw this myself and am curious whether its worth the money. I currently heat my strike water on a propane burner in the driveway and then heat my sparge water while I am mashing. Sure seems to take a long time to heat the water and I have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't go out (wind has blown it out before) and because it is a live flame. It seems like it would be great to set a timer and have the strike water warm up in the kitchen before I even wake up so it was ready to go when I was. That way I could set up everything else (brew kettle, propane burner, hops, etc.) while I was already mashing and while my sparge water was heating up safely in the electric kettle. The only downside seems to be the price at $299. Curious to see if anyone has any experience with one of these or any alternatives.

bump. I just saw this myself and am curious whether its worth the money. I currently heat my strike water on a propane burner in the driveway and then heat my sparge water while I am mashing. Sure seems to take a long time to heat the water and I have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't go out (wind has blown it out before) and because it is a live flame. It seems like it would be great to set a timer and have the strike water warm up in the kitchen before I even wake up so it was ready to go when I was. That way I could set up everything else (brew kettle, propane burner, hops, etc.) while I was already mashing and while my sparge water was heating up safely in the electric kettle. The only downside seems to be the price at $299. Curious to see if anyone has any experience with one of these or any alternatives.
The controller seems to be the only thing that set's this apart and then only because of its pre-built simplicity. This is a pot with an element, a valve and a temperature probe port. The whole shebang is not outrageously priced but if the size is even questionably, build your own.

Back