Does anyone Twitter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I follow bars and some beer news. I don't post to it. But it is a good way to get a summary of what is going on in some places.

I'd wholeheartedly disagree with that, but that's for another topic.

I think having strangers connected by a common theme (for me it's mostly beer and video games) is better than restricting yourself to only people you know, because you get different perspectives on things. I mean, I found out about Dr Horrible from the SIDT twitter account!

I don't consider Twitter social networking, but I understand I use faulty logic: I use Twitter. I don't use social networking sites. Therefore, Twitter isn't a social networking site.

Almost every thread on this forum is following what some random person is doing or did or wants to do. If that's not interesting to you, dial 911, and they'll send someone out to arrest the person that's got the gun to your head.

Without twitter, I wouldn't have known about a Pear Elderflower Grains of Paradise French Ale.....

Oh, you made a thread too? ;)

I don't consider Twitter social networking, but I understand I use faulty logic: I use Twitter. I don't use social networking sites. Therefore, Twitter isn't a social networking site.

Yeah. Twitter is just a network of people communicating in a social manner. And they happen to have a site. That's all.

I have issues with twitter. Very rarely do I go mobile, but when I do it seems like I run into problems turning on updates for people. Always locks up. The only way that worked was posting an ON message for each person I wanted to hear from.

Other than that, it's interesting seeing what olllllo does all day long.

Online friends you've never met in person are retarded no matter what medium.

By that logic, why should any one of us participate in an online community of any shape or form?

Whether real or contrived, 'friendships' do form across cyberspace - and I'd be thrilled to share a pint with quite a few members here.

By that logic, why should any one of us participate in an online community of any shape or form?

Whether real or contrived, 'friendships' do form across cyberspace - and I'd be thrilled to share a pint with quite a few members here.

Me? Would you share a pint with me?

I've had a couple of beers with a few members here on HBT, but I have friendships with some that I've never met. Of course, I think homebrewers are a friendly bunch over all.

Did I already tell you that my Twitter name is YooperBrew?

Me? Would you share a pint with me?

I'd be honored, Lorena. :mug: And I have no doubt that it will happen.

Ha...For any Scrubs fans out there, this is shaping up to be a real life bromance. :eek: :D

scrubs-mustsee-150x150.jpg

Wow! Point proven. I guess I don't think of homebrewtalk as strangers. You're all my friends, that I've never met in pers....Crap. I'd like to take this time to withdraw my previous statement. But the difference between HBT and the common post on Twitter/facebook/myspace between strangers is this is actual conversation and we get to know each other versus the "hey whats up, nothing ".

Ha...For any Scrubs fans out there, this is shaping up to be a real life bromance. :eek: :D

scrubs-mustsee-150x150.jpg

Yeah, as much as I love scrubs, Yoop is a chick.

Sorry to get back on topic here, but Twitter is evil. I've devoted entire threads to how much it can go to hell.

Sorry to get back on topic here, but Twitter is evil. I've devoted entire threads to how much it can go to hell.

Cool. I've devoted entire threads (at least in my mind) about how much you can go to hell. :D

I would, but I am sure you have to buy a twitterer, and all my money goes to beer.

I had a follower explosion over the last month and so I haven't been adding followers or updating lists until I have time to do it right. I know Sigafoos is down with my taxonomy problem.

If you are on HBT and are not on this list and want to be, hit me up on the twitter (not here).

http://bit.ly/8A1shu

Back