Does anyone brew in Virginia anymore?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehedge20

Reaction score
So I moved to Woodbridge Virginia a year ago and have found this town to be rather dull. Coming from Savannah Ga with a bar on every corner to a place where the only place to grab a brew is either the grocery store or a hand full of restaurants with a mediocre selection racks my brain. To keep it short I decided to build my own brew sculpture so that I could get a great beer without having to drive 40min. Having done my homework I am in the final stages and am almost ready to brew. The trouble is I can not find a club within a 30 Mile radius or know enough people to drink it all up. So I say if your interested in brewing or just in beer itself and you live in the area let me know. Hell we can even build you your own stand!

Yes there is and I visit every Sunday, I only wish they had a bar where you could actually drink it! there are good places to go but my point is that in an area with as many people as there are here we should have a few decent bars. Still looking for fellow home brewers as they are harder to find than a decent beer around here. From time to time I do travel to old town in Fredricksburg to a place with an ice bar, more of a gimmick than anything as it does not actually keep your beer cold. There is also a great English bar by the bowling ally (Splitsville) and movie theater.

I'm a native Northern Virginian, and yeah, you are in one of the "deader" locations of the suburbs. Keep in mind that Woodbridge is primarily a "bedroom" community...mostly just commuters who work closer in to DC. Best bars, by far, are all closer in to town. Several decent spots in Arlington and Alexandria...and of course in DC there is a ton as well.

I'm in Burke, about 15 minutes from Woodbridge up 123. Let me know if you want to brew sometime. As for the bars... I've kind of out grown that part of my life (it happens with a mortgage, two kids, wife, grad school, etc), but I'd be happy to brew sometime or share set ups.

I actually work in Lorton which is not far from Burke I believe. It would be great to be able to brew again and share setups as well.

I'm up here in Gaithersburg, but I've got another good brewing friend in Ashburn. The beer selection and prices are much better in VA than in Montgomery county. You'll typically pay double for a craft beer if you buy it in MoCo compared to NoVa, assuming you can find one in MoCo!

Back