• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Doctor says no more beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anengineer

Reaction score
After heart failure, doctor says to quit drinking.

Limited time at this price, FOR SALE:
$500 - PM me your interest.

Must pick up in Reading, PA before April 3rd 2014.

After above date price goes up considerably.

Selling as LOT, I am NOT piecing out, don’t ask.

At this price I am NOT posting any pictures.

(1) Grain Mill/Crusher (Rebel Brewer), unpowered
(1) 50-Foot Stainless Steel Immersion Chiller
(1) 25-Foot Copper Immersion Chiller
(5) Ball Lock Corny Kegs (rinsed but not cleaned)
(One Keg is Full of English Mild if Desired)
(1) Low Pressure Spunding Valve with Ball Lock Keg Fitting
(1) 1/2" Auto Siphon With Tubing and Tubing Clamp
(3) CO2 Secondary Regulator Manifold
(2) Primary CO2 Regulators
(2) 12-foot lengths beer line
(1) Multi-compartment Storage Container filled with
Corny Keg O-Rings and Misc. Beer Line Fittings
(1) Lidded Plastic Container Containing CO2 and Beer Line
Ball Lock Fittings
(1) Lidded Plastic Container Containing Beer Making Brewing
Salts, Lactic Acid, Lactose and other Misc. Ingredients
(1) Lidded Plastic Container Containing Silicon Hoses and Misc. Fittings
(1) Large Tote Containing Various Specialty Malts (a few tens of pounds)
(1) Seven Gallon Bucket Containing about 35-lbs Marris Otter Malt
(1) Seven Gallon Bucket Containing about 28-lbs Briess Two Row Malt
(1) Hydrometer
(1) Refractometer
(1) Erlenmeyer Flask 2000ml plus 1" and 1-1/2" stir bars
(2) 2-1/2" Perlick 525SS Stainless Steel Beer Faucets - NEW
(1) 2-1/2 Generic Chrome Plated Beer Faucet – NEW
(1) Type ‘D’ Low Profile Sankey Keg Tap
(1) Beer Plate Filter(plus several spare filters)
(1) GE FCM7 Freezer (unmodified on wheeled dolly)
(2) 5-lb Aluminum CO2 Gas Tanks
(2) CO2 Gas Tank Regulators
(1) Temperature Controller for above Freezer
(1) 62-qt Bayou Classic Stainless Steel Stockpot Fitted with
220V 4500-watt Electric Heater Element, Sight Glass, and
Stainless Ball Valve
(1) Electronic Brew Controller for Above Electric Brew Pot
(1) BIAB Bag Custom Made for Above Pot
(1) Iwaki 120-volt MD-70RL 120V High Temperature Pump Used as Recirculator
Any other miscellaneous other beer making hardware and tools I have.

Good morning, sorry to hear about your health. I am definitely interested. I sent you a PM. Thank you.

My buddy plays for the reading phillies.... Small world. Hope the health gets better and you can always make NA beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Good morning, sorry to hear about your health. I am definitely interested. I sent you a PM. Thank you.

As of right now (3/27/2014, 12:03 PM UTC time) 'slentz' has offered to
pick it all up on Saturday the 29th IF he can borrow a pickup.

I'll hold the equipment for him until this afternoon awaiting his confirmation
that he pick it all up.

What an amazing deal! I'm sorry to hear about your heart attack. There are much worse things than having to stop drinking beer, like dying for instance. :(

Best of luck to you in whatever hobby you take up to fill brewing's place! :mug:

Exactly, My Doc told me the same thing. Screw him !

+2

2 beers a day is good for you....more than that no one can tell me why it is bad....especially if you are in good shape and not over weight, etc.

I have had multiple cardio docs tell me this point blank, alcohol IN MODERATION is good for you.
Get a second opinion.

thanks Kevin

I'm tempted to leave work now and show up tomorrow morning and say I'm slentz to get this deal. And I'm in Oklahoma. Lol.

I'd also like to encourage a second opinion about the doctor's orders. I was told because of diabetes I shouldnt drink, but with exercise and moderation I am still able to enjoy the fruits of my labor and keep my blood sugar in check.

Either way best wishes.

I would like to be next In line I live in lancaster work in reading on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Eh I'm ok with buying and selling, but hopefully everyone low balls this dude, and he gets stuck with it. A shame it didnt goto a good home. I purchased my system a few years ago from a HBTer that had to give up brewing, and I still use the beast daily.

Being from NJ, I won't make any philly jokes :).

Eh I'm ok with buying and selling, but hopefully everyone low balls this dude, and he gets stuck with it. A shame it didnt goto a good home. I purchased my system a few years ago from a HBTer that had to give up brewing, and I still use the beast daily.

Being from NJ, I won't make any philly jokes :).

Totally agree. Someone who is less of a dbag probably wanted it and would actually use it. A good deal handed to a greedy guy. Sad.

As a fellow Berks Countian(West Lawn), my condolences on your health issues and hope your health improves!

Maybe the buyer wanted most of the stuff, but not all. I don't see any problem with him selling off some of it. I'm sure most of you would have done the same. I personally would have wanted about 1/4 of the stuff on that list. Would have happily paid $500 and sold the rest off. Of course, I would have offered the pieces up to fellow brew club members for cheap prices, but why not make a few dollars off the deal? The OP could have made much more if he wanted to part it out, but didn't. Where's the problem here?

EDIT: After looking twice, he's not even trying to make money off of this stuff. He's looking to trade for more equipment. Again, I see no problem with this.

I agree. From the looks of the original sale listing that included kegs, regulator, refractometer and TON of other stuff, it looks like on the CL listing he's selling just the electric brew system and some other stuff. I've made a couple of bulk buys like this in the past, kept what I wanted, and sold or passed on the rest.

Maybe the buyer wanted most of the stuff, but not all. I don't see any problem with him selling off some of it. I'm sure most of you would have done the same. I personally would have wanted about 1/4 of the stuff on that list. Would have happily paid $500 and sold the rest off. Of course, I would have offered the pieces up to fellow brew club members for cheap prices, but why not make a few dollars off the deal? The OP could have made much more if he wanted to part it out, but didn't. Where's the problem here?

EDIT: After looking twice, he's not even trying to make money off of this stuff. He's looking to trade for more equipment. Again, I see no problem with this.

Back