Do you drink all your disasters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cream ale tasted exactly like nail polish remover smells. It went down the garbage disposal and actually cleaned out a pre-existing clog.

McKBrew said:
My cream ale tasted exactly like nail polish remover smells. It went down the garbage disposal and actually cleaned out a pre-existing clog.

Same thing happened to me, only I am the garbage disposal and the clog... ...well lets just say things happened :eek:

I'm worried about this stout I've got in bottles--I shared a little bit with my father when we were bottling and I detected some sharp, almost root-beer-like flavors that made me nervous. Dad said he liked it, but I've never made a stout, so I'm worried that I messed it up. I'll report back once it's hit two weeks, see if I made a bomb or not.

lorenae said:
I had one batch that I couldn't drink. I tried and tried, but it was pretty bad. I tried it ice cold, I tried it warmer. I tried it in a frosted mug. No dice- it was awful! I used it in cooking, but that made my food bad! I put it away because I didn't have the heart to dump it. A couple of months later, one of my friends asked me if there was any of that "brown ale" stuff left. I said that there was about 2 cases! They asked if they could have some- and drank up the 2 cases in about 2 months. And brought back all my bottles clean and ready to be refilled!

Lorena

Did you taste any of it after it was sitting for a couple of months more? It is possible that by then it was not only good, but even excellent by the time you gave it away.

I know I had that experience with what I thought at the time was a really questionable batch. A couple of months later it turned out to be awesome. Tragically, by then I had less than a case left.:(

Back