Do homebrewers smoke?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you smoke?

• Yes

• No

• Only when I drink

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not smoking will be easier for me now tho'. I have always had a weakness for Kretek (Clove) and thanks to Obama outlawing them the need to resist temptation is taken care of.

Huh... Didn't realize this had happened. I don't smoke, but I'll admit that I do like the smell of clove cigarettes. A little research turned up that Phillip Morris was all for the banning of Kreteks. Stands to reason, since they don't make them and a rising number of Americans were switching to them. As much as I dislike smoking, I must say I'm a bit disappointed by this news.

Terje

smoked ocassionally years ago, dont smoke any more.
I do hate the people that ***** about it, states that ban it, second hand smoke bs (if you dig into it nothing has ever been proved with that) etc.

It is a persons right plain and simple.

Stopped smoking about 8 years ago. Went from 2 packs a day to none in about 30 minutes. Hypnosis. It worked for me but not the wife who smoked about 5 - 8 cigs a day. Took her another 6 months to stop.

No Cigarettes, no cigars, no pipes, or anything with tobacco. Pothowever is a different story. THC makes beer so damn tasty.

About time to ditch the cigs again. Maybe this time it will keep. I do love a pipe though. Only problem, can't smoke in the house, at work, anywhere else inside. I like to take the time to smoke the pipe comfortably, not huddled under the eaves for two minutes. What to do

Never smoked. Too much cancer floating around in my family's genes, and it's dirty and stinky (IMHO)

I smoke Hookah regularly and only smoke about 1 cigar a year on average. But then again, I don't view Hookah as actual smoking. Its more like Mike's Hard Lemonade is to Beer, as Hookah is to smoking.

You would not believe how much the taste of home brew changes after you smoke. Not cutting down smokers but when they taste a home brew after smoking I take their comments with a grain of salt.

Had a Cuban cigar with a beer on vacation. Great cigar but it did nothing for the beer.

I can't imagine what puffing away on a cigarette would do to spoil the taste of a good home brew.

I smoke sometimes, like, less than once a month sometimes. I never smoke cigarettes though. I smoke either a cigar or a hookah, and I've almost always been drinking.

A few tasty beers on a summer evening hanging outside with people will make me crave a cigar.

The whole point of a pipe is that it takes time to smoke it. Gives you time to think, ponder the mysteries of life (or of brewing).

What you smoke my indicate you personality

Cigarette smokers are impatient, and look for a quick fix, They offten suck in the smke to get their fix in as quick as time as possible.

Cigar smokers seemed to have more responsibilities, and appeared more prosperous than others, The cigar is the classic phallic symbol, It says look at me, I am a powerfull man! The smokers tend to be more concered with prestige or power.

Pipe smokers were a patient, laid-back lot who were easy to get along with and fun to be around.They take almost as much enjoyment in the ritual of cleaning, filling, lighting the pipe as they do smoking it. They tend to be of a more philosophical about life.

Richard

I smoked for 15 years and quit 3 years back. I will sneak one or two a year when I've had way too much to drink and I enjoy a cigar once a month or so. I hate to say it but I really really loved smoking and do miss it but it's just not worth it health and money wise anymore.

After reading through this thread, now I want a cigar when I brew. Fortunately for my lungs, I don't have a propane burner and there's no smoking allowed inside.

The whole point of a pipe is that it takes time to smoke it. Gives you time to think, ponder the mysteries of life (or of brewing).

What you smoke my indicate you personality

Cigarette smokers are impatient, and look for a quick fix, They offten suck in the smke to get their fix in as quick as time as possible.

Cigar smokers seemed to have more responsibilities, and appeared more prosperous than others, The cigar is the classic phallic symbol, It says look at me, I am a powerfull man! The smokers tend to be more concered with prestige or power.

Pipe smokers were a patient, laid-back lot who were easy to get along with and fun to be around.They take almost as much enjoyment in the ritual of cleaning, filling, lighting the pipe as they do smoking it. They tend to be of a more philosophical about life.

Richard

Never thought of it like that........ and as a smoker of the schmigs, I will have to agree. :mug:

What about people that like cigars, cigarettes AND pipes? Quick fix with a cigarette, or some fine tobacco rolled or in a pipe, the occasional cigar...depends on the mood.

Being that I am a pretty big fan of life so far, I try not to kill myself too quickly. I think smoking would also probably hinder my athletics to a pretty large degree as well.

I guess anything in moderation is ok. But I'd rather not shorten life drastically for such a brief satisfaction.

Back