Do brewers get drunk alone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drink alone. I also tele-drink with friends via Xbox live too. That's kind of social. Drinking online helps me cope with all the killing I do in online in FPS. :)

I basically drink a couple beers during the Hockey game. I may be alone or with friends. Other then that I just get drunk on Friday or Saturday with friends.

I drink alone. I also tele-drink with friends via Xbox live too. That's kind of social. Drinking online helps me cope with all the killing I do in online in FPS. :)

Nuthin' better than a couple of beers and evening with the Xbox or the PS3. I do NOT, however, recommend the Wii in this situation. It can be downright dangerous! :drunk:

I also tele-drink with friends via Xbox live too. That's kind of social. Drinking online helps me cope with all the killing I do in online in FPS.

Thank God I'm not the only one. :D

If I'm watching an anticipated sports game I'm drinking. Alone? In Public? With Family? It doesn't matter. I love having winter lager and watching hockey, I love rum and coke and baseball, hard cider and football is less frequent but equally appreciated.

Thank God I'm not the only one. :D

My brewing friends are the same guys I run with online. You can pretty much count on us being online all winter, every weekend night, half in the bag on homebrew, kicking a$$ and taking names in whatever is the most recent great shooter.

Drink alone = YES
Get Drunk alone = NEVER
Get Drunk with friends = SELDOM
Get Drunk on brew day = Only once, and the beer from that session was s****y.

Yes I do and i enjoy a homebrew after i have worked all day and if no one is around then who cares, it makes the brew last longer when you dont have to give out to others drinking with you

I tend to like my brew pretty well so when the mood strikes me....I can get quite a buzz going.

I drink twice a week max so no issue in the end.

I, like many others, drink a fair amount of homebrew. I think its the variety I love. I have 4 beers on tap most of the time, and I will switch around a lot. I find myself holding it in my mouth and just enjoying the flavor. yeah I get a buzz going, but I very rarely get drunk...... during the week. My girl and I will have a beer together but normally its me and then some dog wrestling. We have friends over pretty often. 2-3 times a week. Those ar ethe nights I have a little more than I should, but I rarely get DRUNK. It happens. I would say I am the only person having a beer in the house prob like 2 days a week. I drink daily. Maybe not so healthy, but don't normally have more than 2 or 3 beers.

That's my story. I heart the beer and the alcohol is a bonus.

I rarely have more than 1 beer on a weeknight, maybe 2, but generally its with my housemates anyway. On the weekends, I'll probably get drunk at least one night, out with my friends at a party or pub.

There are times however, once in a while, where I like to get somewhat drunk by myself and work on some artwork or just read something interesting. For some reason, philosophy is much easier to understand after 4 beers. One of the best days I've ever had was sitting in a beer garden along the Rhine in Dusseldorf, laying back Schneider Weisse and reading. There were people there, but I was essentially alone since I had a table to myself.

Hell yeah! Every Christmas eve while all alone at home with nothing much to do. I've found it comforting to spend this time cleaning my rifle and shotgun. Egg Nog and 151, mmmm!

Only time I don't drink is before/during work.

I drink alone.
And I drink before I have to deal with people. It's the only way I can tolerate most of my "fellow" man. :)

I tend to only get drunk with other people, tho. Usually at a bar. Sometimes at a party.
But I'm a little bit of a nihilist.
Way I figger it, if I can hold down a job, pay my bills, fulfill my household obligations and not alienate my friends and family, it ain't a big deal.
:mug:

I do all the time, but usually its only one or a few beers. I love beer, so I see no reason not to. Doesn't seem to hurt me or anyone else so why should I limit myself to only doing something I enjoy to when others are around. Thats just stupid.

You say alcoholic like its a bad thing! LOL!

I drink alone, but not as much as when in a social setting. Can count on my hands (okay maybe and feet) the times I have been drunk alone. On the other hand I would have to use scientific notation to count the number of times I have been drunk with others. It is probably better for me to drink alone. When wih others I tend to do nothing but drink and talk. When I am alone I am usually doing something so not drinking as much.

Back