DIY similar to KOMOS 4 tap Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One option is to look for used kegerators on craigslist/nextdoor/letgo. I've been wanting to downgrade from a 6-tap keezer to a 3-4 tap option. Someone posted a 2-tap kegerator on Nextdoor for $135. Danby model DKC5811BSL-1. When I got it home, I was pleasantly surprised that it fit 3 corny kegs in there.

I ordered this Duotight tap tower for $150, so once it arrives I'll have a 3-tap kegerator that's similar to the Komos.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Hom...unts/Intertap-Triple-Complete-Stainless-Tower
As for buying a new fridge, the Danby is 5.8 cubic feet and it's just big enough for 3 kegs. You should look for a fridge at least that big. It might not be much of a savings over buying the Komos though.

Thank you will keep an eye out. That is sort of what I figured, once I get done with the conversion ill be pretty close to the cost of a komos out of the box. I think at $750 just having seltzer alone ill break even pretty soon hahahah

Thank you will keep an eye out. That is sort of what I figured, once I get done with the conversion ill be pretty close to the cost of a komos out of the box. I think at $750 just having seltzer alone ill break even pretty soon hahahah

FWIW, I have a Komos v2 and am extremely happy with it. I was trying to figure out a 3 tap DIY and stumbled across it somehow. I was researching mini fridges, compiling a list of parts, checking, double, triple checking I wasn’t missing anything.....

4 taps...less headache, check the funny money fund...done.

Awesome, glad you like it. I feel as if that will be the way I go, just getting into kegging so less headaches the better with building my own. Thanks!

I went through the same thing and found that it made more sense to just buy the komos/kegland/keg king (the same unit is sold under all three brands). It saved me from having to put holes in a new fridge and cost wise I actually feel like I came out ahead. I have two of the model prior to the new 4 keg model, so my units only hold 3 kegs each, and the new 4 keg model at the same price makes it an even better deal in my opinion. The units are excellent and very reliable in my use, and I like that they sell replacement parts through more beer and William's brewing in the US, they even sell the fridge separate at about $225 US, if your fridge goes bad.

Back