DIY Rinser setup for keezer (pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongoose33

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What I hope this does is incite ideas in heads; there are many ways to do a rinser, this just works with my setup.

I looked at many rinsers, including the InstaRinse portable glass rinser. But I saw some reviews and the plastic elements of this device left me unconvinced. So I decided to go a different route.

I looked around for rinsers, there is a bunch. I ended up choosing this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056HR7M6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 It had the best reviews, and I decided to pull the trigger. It arrived today. I was shocked at how heavy the box was; this is a heavy-duty piece of equipment. Everything about it says "long lasting."

All I needed to do was find a way to mount it to the side of the keezer (see pics), feed it with water and provide a drain. The flange that extends from the rinser is intended to be mounted under a counter; I wish they had a version with a vertical mounting mechanism. I've read about at least one person bending that flange down. But in my case this will work.

I don't have an easy way to provide tap water to it, so I searched for other options. I have a small 1.5-gallon torpedo keg; I thought it would come in handy for a lot of things, but alas, it hasn't. But it can be a water reservoir! I also have a couple small regulators and 2.5-pound CO2 tanks; I thought, "I can push that water using CO2."

The drain line is perfect for a piece of 1/2" silicone tubing; for now I have it draining into a gallon jug. The feed to the rinser is a small barb, I think 3/8" od, it fit just fine with some tubing I had. All the pieces in place, just put 'em together.

The pics show how it is set up. I have the pressure set about 15psi, seems to be about right. YMMV.

When you add up the pieces, it's more than the cost of the InstaRinse. That uses a pump to provide water, and at one level that's pretty clever. But I also wanted a rinser that would let me transition to a bar at some point, and this is the real deal.

Obviously, one could pull a line off a normal regulator and feed the keg with that. Also, this strikes me as the perfect application for a pinlock keg that otherwise we wouldn't use as much. So the costs could have been much less.

I will do some things to make it cosmetically better-looking, build a facade around the bottom of the rinser, things like that. But for now, it works.

So....maybe this gives someone an idea.

Goose

rinser1.jpg
rinser2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
New keezer, old one died. Had to resposition the rinser given other characteristics. I'm feeding that rinser from a small keg inside the keezer.

The wooden facade around the rinser is held on with command hooks so I can easily remove it if necessary.

First pic shows underside, second the command hooks, third time (pic) is the charm.

newkeezer8.jpg
newkeezer9chooks.jpg
newkeezer9.jpg

Wasn't sure the first facade was right, so I did this one too:

keezer10.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get classy holding brackets? Like your project!

New keezer, old one died. Had to resposition the rinser given other characteristics. I'm feeding that rinser from a small keg inside the keezer.

The wooden facade around the rinser is held on with command hooks so I can easily remove it if necessary.

First pic shows underside, second the command hooks, third time (pic) is the charm.

View attachment 592260 View attachment 592258 View attachment 592259

Wasn't sure the first facade was right, so I did this one too:

View attachment 592369

Nice write up! I like your setup!

Can you tell me your opinion of why the bracket is built the way it is? And I mean the plate with the holes that's welded to the rinser. Would you say this is something for someone who is installing this as an 'after thought' to their bar rather than it being installed into a counter top or similar?

fwiw, Krome Dispense makes a version of that rinser that is surface mount. Everything is the same except for the base metal piece. Looks like this:

rinser_installed.jpg

Turns out, mounting it is the easy part. Supplying it with chilled water within it's 15 psi max spec - and then catching the run-off - all inside a keezer - is the tricky part :)

Cheers!

Nice write up! I like your setup!

Can you tell me your opinion of why the bracket is built the way it is? And I mean the plate with the holes that's welded to the rinser. Would you say this is something for someone who is installing this as an 'after thought' to their bar rather than it being installed into a counter top or similar?

The flange is so you can attach the rinser to the underside of a bar and have the rinser part stick out.

I had the choice of one like @day_tripper shows above, or one with the flange, and decided that if I ever installed a bar in my basement, I might want that flange.

As it turns out, that flange in my setup is quite useful. With the keezer top open I can put things on that flange like a glass of beer, a star-san sprayer, like that.

If I did it again, I'd probably do it the same way.

Back