Dispensing advice for second keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tppk

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a kegerator with a single tap on the tower, but I've got two kegs inside. I've been using a plastic faucet (picnic tap) on the second keg, but I've noticed lately that when I take it apart to clean it, it looks pretty gunky. I'm looking for suggestions for some other dispenser for the second keg. I know I could replace the tower with one that has two taps, but is there anything else I could do to keep the costs down?

As a side note, I usually keep seltzer in one of the kegs, and use the tower tap for that one. It's a rear sealing tap and it often gets stuck when I use it for beer. If I end up replacing the tower, what is your favorite tap that won't get stuck?

Thanks!

Get perlicks, they are the benchmark brand and they are forward-sealing.

I don't know if there's a great in-between for your setup other than just biting the bullet and spending some money. I mean you really have three options here:

1) picnic tap
2) standalone faucuet + existing tower
3) buy a new tower w/ two faucets

You're already doing 1, and 2 would look kinda silly so that really only leaves you with 3?

I just realized that I never thanked you for the reply. So thanks.

For the short term, I just replaced the picnic faucet with a new non-gunky one. For the longer term, a double perlick tower definitely sounds like the way to go. I'll start shopping around. Thanks again.

Thanks for the idea. It looks like those are all for 3" towers but mine is 2.5". Pics attached. Oh well.

I saw a tower with 2 Perlick faucets on Amazon for $130. Seems like a good deal.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009AFOKSO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

By the way, sorry for long time between posts. We've got a newborn at home, so this stuff is on the back burner.

1413453743515.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep checking the "For Sale" section here. You'll find towers for great prices on occasion. Check craigslist too. New one's are overpriced.

Definitely go with Perlick faucets.

If you have the tools you could pull the flange on the bottom of the tower and see if it will turn a 1/8 turn. Mine had unused holes to let it turn, then i drilled a hole for a tower shank to fit just offset from the original.

Back