Disney area Must-go-tos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roccobrews

Reaction score
Taking the tribe to Disney. Please advise best Orlando or Tampa options to imbibe properly. Thanks!

Get away, far away from that tourist trap... I have heard good things about Cigar City in Tampa. For a really small place I recommend New Smyrna Brewing in New Smyrna. It is just a bar, several of their own brews and usually a couple others from Florida. I was only there for 15 minutes this Christmas, one pint and filled 2 growlers. There is a new one coming in NSB but I don't think it will be open for a few more months at least.

If you get strapped into going to Epcot, there's a pub in the U.K. area that can offer some relief. Rose & Crown I believe.

As a frequent Disney visitor and beer lover, I'd suggest you download the "Beers and Ears" app. There ARE great beers all over the place within the parks.

I'm not sure if this is your first time at the parks or if you frequent, but I've never found any reason, nor have I had the time, to go outside the parks for good beer.

New Smyrna is 110 minutes from Disney, and Tampa is 1.5 hours. If you have that kind of extra time when visiting Disney, you are wasting your money! [emoji6] The local breweries are represented inside the parks, Disney Springs in particular.

La Cellier in Epcot (dining) has many Unibroue beers, St. Bernardus ABT 12 is represented in many places, Dogfish 90 minute can be found in many of the hotel resort shops.

Disney Springs is a good spot, Raglan Road in particular has some great commercial beers as well as some of their own contract brewed beers.

If you can get to Winter Garden go to Crooked Can. They have some awesome stuff going on there and Winter Garden is a pretty cool little town to walk around with the family. There is also 10ten, Red Cypress, and Ocean Sun. Ocean Sun is in a plaza and doesn't really look like a lot from the outside but is setup really nice inside. They have games and stuff for the family too and great beer on tap.

I 2nd Crooked Can in Winter Garden..It's right up the 429 from Disney. If your going to come as far from Disney as the Red Cypress in Winter Springs then you have to check out Hourglass brewery as well...both are about a 10 minute drive from my house. Also, Orlando Brewery is pretty cool too...I haven't been there in about 5 years or so.
Crooked Can is a place where you and the fam could get a break from the "RAT" race....they have great beer, good food and shops...VERY family oriented. We stopped in there 2 weekends ago just for a beer and ended up spending the afternoon.

Big River Grille and Brew Works. At the Board Walk out side the back strange of EPCOT. They just got a new brew master. If you've been there before and didn't like it then you need to go back. I did this past summer and was astounded by the difference in brewmasters. Plus Disney may not be renewing the lease and may close this summer. So try it before it's gone.

Universal Studios. The Harry Potter Beers are EXCELLANT. Brew by Florida brewing company near Cape Canavral. Plus the Simpsons beer.

Orlando brewing company had a decent selection. And claim all organic.

Stay away from OBP (Orange Blossom Pilsner). They used to contract brew out of SC. Now they contract brew with someone else. Horrible beer.

Holy Mackeral is another one to stay away from. Blah! Used to co tract brew out of SC (Same brewery as OBP) now they use someone else.

A decent pub is Pub Orlando on I-Drive near the Regal Movie theater. You can pour your own. But also have a huge bar of craft.

Good luck. Have fun.

Miller Ale House...Awesome food, good beer selection and great service..Casual dining/sports bar feel..TONS of TV's all around the joint..The one we have been to a couple times is in Lake Buena Vista, got excellent service every time..

Player One..If your into video games and beer..Well, at least the latter, right?..ONLY craft beer on tap..

Both just a stones throw from Disney Springs(old Downtown Disney)

My brother lives in Winter Garden and has always talked about Crooked Can. Haven't had a chance to go myself when I've been down there but I'm hoping to get out that way when I'm there in Feb. for my daughter competing in cheer nationals.

Thanks to all for your valued input. It's going to be busy but would like to squeeze in a suggestion or two in between Mickey Mousing. Cheers!

As it was said above if you have 2-3 hours of down time to drive and don't even include time to drink or buy anything you'll be bored. There is PLENTY to do at Disney. I went in October for my first time and the only problem I had was paying $10 for a $2-3 beer off site but I did get a good amount of Florida beers to taste and/or check in. At the Magical Kingdom there is a restaurant called Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast) that had Chimay Blue for $11 or $13 which I enjoyed. REALLY nice place. I believe there is a Total Wine really close by you could Uber to if you wanted to stock up during the week while everyone takes a nap or sits at the pool. I might have done it if I wasn't exhausted from the 8 miles of walking daily.

It's not beer related but there's the Ocoee Parking Lot Jam. Do a search for it on youtube for a quick look.

Drink around the world at Epcot. Just stop at all the stands in every land. If you go to the boardwalk Big River Grille and Brewing Works is awesome.

Back