disable pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintedplay

Reaction score
What would be the easiest way of quickly stop a kegerator from working? like if i want to cut off one of my kegs during a party and then turn it back on after the party is over

I would think unhooking the liquid out line would do the trick. There are also faucet locks which can be used to disable it at the handle, but my understanding is that they are hit and miss.

I have also seen suggestions of installing a solenoid and valve to disable the lines electronically but that is neither quick or easy to implement.

Disconnect the gas out post if using a corny keg, or de-couple the sanke... Although chaining a pissed off Doberman to the kegerator would be my choice.

I would think that you would want to disconnect the liquid out, not the gas in. If you disconnect the gas in, there is still some pressure left in the keg which will allow for it to still be used for at least one more pint. This has the nasty side effect of depressurizing the keg and if left unattended for long enough decarbing your beer.

I'm not coming to your party if you're gonna cut me off of the good stuff!

install a ball lock valve inline after the out so when you draw the tap with the valve closed, no beer.

or put a sign on the tap saying "i'm a cheap bastard and you can't have any or i will kick you in the junk"...that might work

Back