Dimensions of Camco 2929 and 2955

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenEnvy22

Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought a Camco 2955 ripple element last week. I wanted to convert it to using a triclamp so I can mount it lower in my kettle. So I got a 1" NPS to triclamp adapter, and a triclamp bulkhead.
The issue is, the combination of the adapter and bulkhead is about 1/4-1/2" too long, the folded back end of the element hits the end of the bulkhead.

As I'm assuming this is bad (would be heating the metal of the bulkhead directly, and probably bad from electrical standpoint to), I need to change something.

So either I go back to just using a screw in bulkhead, or change the element. i don't like this option as much because then I need to have the element higher up in the kettle, and I may want to run some smaller batches some times.

I'm wondering if someone has a 2929 element that can measure the distance from the washer at base of the threads to the tip of the element (so only like an inch or two away). I want to see if I can switch to the 2929 foldback instead of ripple. See image for what I am hoping to measure.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 2929measure.png
    2929measure.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 6
Figured out I could just Bend the element a bit, now it clears the bulkhead.

Back