Difficulty reassembling perlick faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcycaulkins

Reaction score
Hi, all. I am having some trouble with a perlick 525SS faucet I disassembled (it was leaking out the bonnet, so I wanted to check o-rings), and now can't put back together. The lever simply will not fit back into the top hole on the faucet. The lever has 2 ball bearings attached, one small and the second larger (link to diagram below). Well, the small one goes back in fine, but I can't for the life of me get the larger one to go through the hole, and thus cannot put the faucet back together. Anyone got any sage ideas for reassembling these things?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=idZnUpHuGK6p4APptIGYAw&ved=0CDMQ9QEwAw

How far down is it supposed to sit? I can't seem to get it down far enough to put the bearing cup back on. Or even for the lever to be able to move. I started to take apart another faucet to have another look, and it did seem that the second ball does sit down inside the top hole, but I didn't pull the second faucet apart out of fear I'd have another one that didn't want to go back together.

hmmm... I was pretty sure I was putting it back the way it came apart but will try that. wish I had brought the thing with me to the office, I'll have to wait until I get home to try it out. I do have this feeling that whatever I'm doing wrong is something really stupid.

Back