Difference between Mypin TA4 Digital Adjuster and Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adpostel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up an electric brew kettle recently, and the guy threw in the controller box with it. It has two PID's, but only uses one for the 240v 5500 watt element, the other is unused. One of the PID's says Digital Adjuster and the other says Temperature Controller. Both are Mypin TA4 model PID's.....

Last edited:
Not sure about the name difference, but MyPinTA4 PID controllers are not suitable for controlling a boil kettle, since they do not have a manual % power setting mode. The PID mode cannot reduce the power in order to reduce excessive boil vigor. To get a manual mode, you need MyPin TD4 PID's, or almost any of the other commonly available PID's from other suppliers.

Brew on :mug:

Here are pics of the two PIDs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201123-144814.png
    Screenshot_20201123-144814.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20201123-144824.png
    Screenshot_20201123-144824.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
I'd double check the model numbers on these. The "Digital Adjuster" looks like it might actually be a TD4 rather than a TA4. The "AT/M" button/indicator is the giveaway. The "M" indicates manual mode.

Brew on :mug:

You are correct, the one that is being used is the TD4 model which has the manual mode. I'm just wanting to figure it all out so I can redo the enclosure and make it A little smaller... It's just one element and one pump... Might add a 2nd pump or Aux ... Maybe the guy I bought it from was future proofing it... It's too big for me for what it does...

Attachments

• 1124202041_HDR.jpg
    1124202041_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Back