DietPiss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellmtbbq

Reaction score
My first recipe, I bring to you. I came up with the name and designed a recipe around it, like I usually do. :ban: I'm considering it an American Lite Lager.

Also, I did a step mash on this beer, but if you feel uncomfortable/unable, just mash at 148-150 F.

I was too cheap to buy a packet of W-34/70, so I'm just using US-05 and fermenting at 62-64 degrees and then "lagering" it for two weeks. Call it a San Fransisco lager.

Brewed it up today in a 5 L (1.25 gallon) batch and scaled the recipe up for you guys. Adjusted to 70% efficiency.

5 LB American 2 Row
1 LB Field Corn
1 LB Minute Rice
8 OZ Table Sugar

0.5 OZ Horizon, 9% AA, 60 Minutes, 20 IBUs (Any clean bittering hop works)

I mashed in at 135 F, to bring me up to 125 F for protein rest.
15 Minutes Later, I tried to get the mash up to 150 F but kept failing, finally getting it up to 148-149 F for an hour.

I will post pics/tasting (if any :D) notes.

For extract brewers, use 3 LBs of Extra Light DME, 1 LB of Rice Syrup Solids and 8 OZ of sugar. Same hops.

I'd suggest using rice syrup and skipping the corn. Steeping the adjuncts has no point, since they aren't there for flavor, just to thin out the body, and they wouldn't convert as steeping grains.

I think I'll give this a try for the heck of it, doing it extract style.

Cheers

Back