mocha frappucino milk sout or imperial milk stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taoboro

Reaction score
this is an AI generated recipe any ideas on the recipe? i was fooling around with chatgpt and thought of this for a flavor. i looked it up and central waters brewing makes this flavor i just figured i could try to homebrew it.
Ingredients:

• 14 lbs. Maris Otter malt
  • 2 lbs. chocolate malt
  • 2 lbs. roasted barley
  • 1 lb. lactose
  • 1 lb. cocoa powder
  • 2 oz. East Kent Goldings hops
  • 2 oz. Willamette hops
  • 1 lb. coffee beans (medium roast)
  • 2 packets of English ale yeast
  • 1 lb. lactose (added during fermentation)
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1 cup of cold brewed coffee
  • 1 cup of cocoa nibs
  • 1 cup of vanilla extract
Instructions:

1. Mash the Maris Otter, chocolate malt, and roasted barley in 6 gallons of water at 152°F for 60 minutes.
  2. Sparge with 3 gallons of 170°F water.
  3. Bring the wort to a boil and add the East Kent Goldings hops. Boil for 60 minutes.
  4. At 15 minutes left in the boil, add the Willamette hops.
  5. At 10 minutes left in the boil, add the cocoa powder.
  6. At 5 minutes left in the boil, add the coffee beans.
  7. After the boil, chill the wort to 70°F and transfer to a sanitized fermenter.
  8. Add the English ale yeast and ferment at a temperature of 68-72°F for 1-2 weeks.
  9. After the initial fermentation, add 1 lb. of lactose and transfer the beer to a secondary fermenter.
  10. Add the heavy cream, cold brewed coffee, cocoa nibs, and vanilla extract to the secondary fermenter and let it age for 2-3 weeks

• 14 lbs. Maris Otter malt -- good
  • 2 lbs. chocolate malt -- a little much; try 1-1.5
  • 2 lbs. roasted barley -- ditto, 1-1.5
  • think about 0.5-1 lb. of English dark crystal or DRC or Briess Extra Special
  • 1 lb. lactose
  • 1 lb. cocoa powder -- mess and trouble. drop it.
  • 2 oz. East Kent Goldings hops -- I'd bitter at 60 with Magnum or similar, 0.5-1 ounce.
  • 2 oz. Willamette hops -- I'd drop flavor/aroma hops, unless you can score some Phoenix.
  • 1 lb. coffee beans (medium roast) -- drop this too
  • 2 packets of English ale yeast
  • 1 lb. lactose (added during fermentation) -- getting to be too much lactose, and I have no idea why you'd add it during fermentation. Previous addition is plenty.
  • 1 cup of heavy cream -- YIKES, no. Brew the beer, and then add cream on serving, if you must.
  • 1 cup of cold brewed coffee -- probably about right. you might need more, depending on strength.
  • 1 cup of cocoa nibs -- extract in vodka; add the extract, not the nibs
  • 1 cup of vanilla extract -- too much.

The heavy cream made me cringe…wouldn’t it curdle almost immediately?

Another AI, no thank you.

@AlexKay had some good recommendations if OP is truly trying to brew a frapalattamochawhatchacallit.

Brewing is fun, more fun when you actually get to drink what you brew!

Back