Did I ruin my Blichmann floor burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarkBar

Reaction score
I had a boil over that got all over my Blichmann floor burner. I had the idea of soaking it upside down in PBW to clean it out. After soaking over night I rinsed it off real well, and dried it. The casing is now nice and shiny, but the burners now look rusty and clogged. Is this thing now ruined? Anything I can do to clean it out?

IMG_20140508_184317.jpg

IMG_20140508_184327.jpg

Thanks guys. I poked out the holes and fired it up. It took awhile before all the burners started firing, but it seems to be fully operational now. Thanks for the advice!

Blichmann's customer support is awesome. I sent the photos to them asking for advice, and they offered a cosmetically defective but fully operational replacement casting. I was on the fence about my next brew kettle, i'm sold now, boilermaker it is.

Forget about the color on the outside... no biggie.. The burner orifices.. take a toothpick and rod them out. The heat will eventually turn the gunk to ash.

Back