Did i do something wrong here (Dark Porter)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgarcia78147

Reaction score
Please someone tell me that i do not have a problem here. I brewed 5.25 gals of porter a few weeks ago. 2 weeks in primary ferm, 1 week in secondary carboy, bottled with 5 oz of priming sugar (dextrose) has been conditioning for 8 days bottled on Presidents Day to be precise. The beer is totally flat zero fizz, Just by talking to my wife i just realizied it may still be too early. I have brewed 5 mini-mashes and 4 all-grain brews and all have had carbonation by this point, usally after 8 days i try one because i cant take it anymore and try one. Will it be ok after 14 or 21 days? :mug:

Please someone tell me that i do not have a problem here. I brewed 5.25 gals of porter a few weeks ago. 2 weeks in primary ferm, 1 week in secondary carboy, bottled with 5 oz of priming sugar (dextrose) has been conditioning for 8 days bottled on Presidents Day to be precise. The beer is totally flat zero fizz, Just by talking to my wife i just realizied it may still be too early. I have brewed 5 mini-mashes and 4 all-grain brews and all have had carbonation by this point, usally after 8 days i try one because i cant take it anymore and try one. Will it be ok after 14 or 21 days? :mug:

You should be fine. Don't know what your prior brews were like, but keep in mind that if the porter was a higher gravity, it will usually take longer to carb.

*snowveil waits for revvy to come in saying that his belgian strong ale took months to carbonate :)

You're FINE. Patience young grasshopper!

Thanks guys, i must have been in a time wrap i thought my porter had been in the bottle for over 2 weeks, just had a long weekend i guess.

Back