Dextrose in Bohemian Pilsner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrphillips

Reaction score
To be clear, this is my FIRST lager. I've been partial mash brewing for 6 years, and want to take the plunge into the crisp, clear world of lagers.

I want my beer to be as clean and crisp as possible, so I'm starting with 6 lbs. Pilsen DME and .5 lbs. aciduated malt (5 gal. batch), and I don't know if I "need" the extra simple sugar to thin it out (it would only be 5 oz. of Dextrose if I decide to go this route).

The yeast I'm using is SafLager W34/70, so if that is a factor on how clean the final product will taste, that would also be helpful information.

Thank you for any first hand experience you have with anything I've asked. I will be brewing in 4 days.

Yes add sugar.

Do not add acidulated.

Consider skipping the W-34/70 and using Wyeast 2206 instead.

Now click on this, print, laminate, and put someplace for safekeeping.

35033210393_37d5c0f7a8_b.jpg

Thank you for the reply. I can't change my yeast at this point, but I'm liking all the extra information. A lot of it is stuff I'd run across before, but there's plenty of new stuff to learn!

Back