Denver, CO beer mule. What should I ask for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fedora

Glorified Janitor
Reaction score
Hey everybody. So, a guy I work with travels to Denver once a month for work and has "volunteered" to bring back beer for me. I'm in Arkansas BTW. Looking for suggestions on what I should request for him to get.

Looking for local stuff, preferably available in bombers. My tastes lean toward malt forward beers, but if any IPAs make the must have list, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Slainte!

Elevation puts a lot of great beers in 750's. Funkwerks makes great Belgian beers, 2013 brewery of the year. O'Dell ipa.yeti stout. Oskar blues. ....trinity makes amazing sours....

Malt forward? I would get City Star's Outlaw...their very first bottle release! Then Grimm Brothers Fearless Youth? I'm assuming you can get Lefthand and Oscar Blues locally as they have pretty good distribution. If not definitely get some. O'Dells hasgood distribution too but if you can't get Mercenary IPA I would highly recommend that.

You can hardly go wrong but one of the best packaged IPAs around here has to be Odell IPA. I'd rank it as a must try

Head for the Mountain's. I don't have ant suggestions, but remember a time around forty some odd years ago I rode with my trucker uncle for a summer and he brought back to Iowa cases and cases or Coors. I guess if you can't get it local it's better.
D

Not sure what you can get in AR, but if you don't get Odell or Left Hand, then definitely Odell IPA and Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. Two of the best brews of their style. Also, whatever version of Yeti Imperial Stout from Great Divide is available right now...they rotate the "flavor" (espresso, chocolate, barrel-aged, etc.) throughout the year. Oh, and Oskar Blues Old Chub Nitro is pretty awesome too.

Damn it, now I really want to run down to CO for a beer run! The only one of those I can get here in SD is Odell. :(

One of those skin tight jegging wearing 18 yo homeless chicks might not be a bad bring back.

Avery's Uncle Jacob's stout is out now; it's pricey but popular. I'd be wary of Prost. While I love their Pilsner, and every 6'er of it that I've gotten has been god, their quality control is sketchy. I just got a four pack of their dopplebock that is totally undrinkable due to diacetyl. I also got a sixer of their Marzen last fall that was a disgusting butter-bomb. I got three other packs of the dopplebock earlier in the winter that were all great, but the latest is awful, so I don't know what their deal is.

The Destihl 4-pack sours that have been showing up lately are well priced and tasty, if you like sours. The Flanders Red is especially good.

Back