Denver CMC group grain buy # 5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When is the order deadline? Do they still just have Pilsner and 2 Row?

There is currently no deadline set.

I am planning to call Jason this week and find out where he thinks their supply will be for a mid October delivery.

Here is the latest update.

Grain availability.

I talked to Jason today and he said they were getting caught up with their orders and even have some in the warehouse. This means he is sure they will have everything available for our delivery. I let him know what we had on the spreadsheet at this point.

He said the would do the Belgian style for us too, even though we are just under the amount he originally requested. They are going to start malting that batch by this weekend so it will be ready for our delivery. Talk about your fresh malt!! :mug:

Payment.

I want to make it as easy for everyone as possible. I am going to request payment based on what we have on this Thursday night the 29th at 5:00 PM. At that point I will lock down the spreadsheet. It will still be viewable but no edits. Any additional orders will need to be requested from me directly. I will then start PM'ing everyone requesting payment.

Since I will be writing them one big check I will be collecting the money from everyone. Checks are fine as long as I get them at least a week before delivery. You can also bring me cash prior to delivery. Paypal is also an option but keep in mind there are fees associated that YOU will have to pay. Wire transfers to my bank are also an option. If anyone has suggestions for other options I am open to hearing them.

Delivery.

Jason would like two weeks notice of the order so I am going to request a delivery of Friday the 14th. I have Friday's off and work weekends so this would be better for me. If anyone is available to help unload let me know, but I understand it is a work day for most people. Last time Wayne and I unloaded about 4000 of the 6000 lb order ourselves without breaking much of a sweat. Well I wasn't sweating much, I suppose I shouldn't speak for Wayne.

Pick up.

I work from home and so pick up is relatively easy. In my PM I will provide my email address and phone number. You can pick up the grain just about any time as long as you let me know before hand so I can be here.

My address is:
19870 E Tufts Dr.
Centennial, CO 80015

Here is a [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=19870+E.+Tufts+Dr.,+Centennial,+CO+80015&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.546691,75.410156&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=19870+E+Tufts+Dr,+Centennial,+Colorado+80015&t=h&z=16"]Google Maps link[/ame] for my house.

I can't think of anything else.

Slainte!!

Here is the latest update.

Payment.

Since I will be writing them one big check I will be collecting the money from everyone. Checks are fine as long as I get them at least a week before delivery. You can also bring me cash prior to delivery. Paypal is also an option but keep in mind there are fees associated that YOU will have to pay. Wire transfers to my bank are also an option. If anyone has suggestions for other options I am open to hearing them.

Hey Bro, what form of payment do YOU prefer?

As long as your going to all this trouble the least I can do is pay you in the manner that is most convenient on your end.

~Tony.

I locked the spreadsheet earlier today.

If you want to order grain for this buy and didn't get on the spreadsheet send me an email at dahoov at gmail dot com.

Delivery is currently scheduled to my house on October 14th. We can add to the current delivery until the day before delivery IF they have it in stock.

I have sent PM's to almost everyone except dstauth and blizzard. Your PM boxes are full.

Everyone sending a check please let me know your username. I forgot to mention it in the PM's.

Thanks Riverfrontbrewer for reminding me.

Matthew-

Are we confirmed on the Friday Oct 14th delivery? I just bottled a RIS that I will bring you a few samples of!

RFB

Matthew-

Are we confirmed on the Friday Oct 14th delivery? I just bottled a RIS that I will bring you a few samples of!

RFB

Indeed we are confirmed for the 14th. I am just waiting to hear what time they will be here. I don't imagine they can get here till after noon since it is at least a 4 hour drive. Last time they got here about 2:00 PM.

Is anyone from Metro Denver in the grain buy and willing to do me a favor and pick up the one sack I ordered?

TIA
zman

Just an update for everyone.

I just picked up the mail. Everyone's payment has now been accounted for. I will be stopping by the bank to transfer money into checking to cover the cash guys and deposit the checks. Planning to mail payment to CMC today or tomorrow.

If anyone wants to add to their order or if anyone else wants to get in on the buy let me know as soon as you can so I can ask Jason about availability.

Update for delivery.

CMC has some other stuff to do after they deliver the grain so they want to get an early start on Friday. That means they could possibly be here as early as 10:00 AM depending when they leave Alamosa. They will update me as the day draws closer and I will pass the information on here.

I just called CMC to get an update for the delivery time. They said they should be here about 2 PM and would update us if that time changes.

Hey Dahoov-

If they aren't going to be at your place until then I am going to run a few errands then come to your place around 1:30 or so. Give me a call if they change their timeframe.

RFB

I just heard from Jason.

He said they may be here as early as 1200 tomorrow. I asked that they call me as they are leaving town that way I have a better ETA.

When I have a better ETA I will post an update here.

Sorry for all the confusion concerning delivery time.

I take back my last set of comments on price. Yesterday I left brew hut with 30 pounds of grain (and some yeast and hops) and it cost me $120. Next time, I'm in!

They called a few minutes ago and indicated they should be here at between 12:30 and 1:00 PM.

:(

I somehow missed the latest group buy. If you find you've bought too many sacks, let me know and I'll take it off your hands.

Red- I think there were a few extra sacks left at Dahoov's just in case we needed more. You may want to send him a pm....good luck!

Did they happen to mention whether the malted millet would be available in the future for group buys? I've got a friend with Celiac that would like a gluten free beer, but at $3/#, 50# by the bag minimum, it's a bit tough on the pocket book.

We did discuss the Millet briefly as I have some family that are gluten sensitive as well. The impression I got is for now the price is pretty firm since they are not able to source the grain locally.

Dahoov sorry I haven't made it over to pick up my grain. I am going to try to do some day this week at lunch. Any day work better for you?

Dahoov sorry I haven't made it over to pick up my grain. I am going to try to do some day this week at lunch. Any day work better for you?

Nope, any day is fine just let me know ahead of time so I am here.

redzuk said:
Missed the buy, if anybody has too much and would like to split a sack, send me a message

I missed this one too. we need an option for a notifier email when these come out.

Sent from my myTouch 3G Slide using Home Brew Talk

Is anyone having efficiency/extraction issues with their recently purchased CMC grain? My numbers used to be 80%, now with the CMC I'm getting 60s or lower. Let me know if it is just me or if I should look for other issues in my system.

Back