Denver advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocHop

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Denver this weekend and wondering if anyone on the forum has any "must visit" microbreweries or brewpubs in mind.

Also, any bars or liquor stores in town with a consistent supply of Pliny? I feel like I should try it if available. Thanks!

As of last Thursday Falling Rock was out of Pliny...for the moment.

It's still the best bar in town hands down.

You could try Argonaut liquor on Colfax for Pliny, though they sold out in like 10 hours last shipment.

I say drink locally....you might find a new favorite hard to get item.

Head on down to Great Divide A few blocks east of Broadway at 22nd and Arapahoe (I think) for some Titan IPA, Yeti Imperial Stout, Hercules Double IPA, or Claymore Scotch (wee heavy).

Hit Cheeky Monk (E. Colfax 5-6 blocks east of Broadway) for a great Belgian Selection....

Set up camp at the Falling Rock, and you are walking distance to Great Divide, Wynkoop, Chop House Brewery, Rock Bottom, and Brekenridge Ballpark Pub.

Take a short bus ride down 17th Avenue East to Vine Street Pub (Mountain Sun Brewery).

If you get bored with that, head to Union Station and take the bus to Boulder, rinse and repeat.

Up in Boulder:

Twisted Pine Microbrewery @ 21 of their own brews on tap
Boulder brewery awesome cask ales

Drive up the diaganol into Longmont for:

Oskar Blues new brewpub/restaurant endless line of their own and other brewpubs taps
Left Hand Taphouse Their own great brews all the time.

Well hell if you're going to make the drive to Boulder or Longmont you may as well go to Fort Collins and hit up Odell, Fort Collins, New Belgium, etc.

However, sounds like you might be confined to Denver and that being the case g-nome gave a great run down.

As for Pliny, a co-worker just came back from Argonaut, who get's the most Pliny in the state, and they are out currently. However, they do get regular shipments all the time so you might get lucky.

awesome, Im actually going to be in Denver later this month and then again in September for work and I was going to ask the same thing. I will flag this post and check back for any more suggestions :)

Excellent quick responses! Thanks all, I appreciate the help. It will be 95% local g-nome, with a quick stop in to Argonaut on the off chance it's my lucky day.

+1 great divide and falling rock.

call Argonaut first, save you a trip although the cheeky monk is just a couple blocks from there. Awesome belgium beers on tap.

enjoy.

How can you mention Boulder and not suggest Avery? The Maharaja is one of my absolute favorite beers :) The beast is also very good!

+1 To what everyone has said about Falling Rock. I do recommend Great Divide they have a few great Double IPA's. Breckenridge's 471 is awesome and Wynkoop is really good as well.

Have fun!

awesome, Im actually going to be in Denver later this month and then again in September for work and I was going to ask the same thing. I will flag this post and check back for any more suggestions :)
Well, if you are coming in September don't miss the Great American Beer Festival Sept. 16-18. Buy your tickets ahead, they are going fast. Friday night and Saturday afternoon are already sold out. http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/

+1 Cheeky Monk. Make sure to go at lunch for 1/2 price drafts. It's so nice to get such a deal on those expensive Belgians.

+1 Cheeky Monk. Make sure to go at lunch for 1/2 price drafts. It's so nice to get such a deal on those expensive Belgians.

I think its called Pint's Pub. Its right outside of the DAM. Its a Scotch bar, so I cant really recommend it for beer. However they do have a couple of cask beers for something a little different.

set-72157607549222207

Falling rock is awesome, I am really surprised the Wynkoop hasnt been mentioned, worth going there for lunch or dinner for sure! Depending on what part of town you will be in there are some amazing liquour warehouses around too.

I recommend heading out to Aurora if you get the chance. Dry Dock is awesome, and just up the street is Chambers Discount Liquors. Chambers usually has Pliny in stock.

GREAT DIVIDE IS A MUST!!!!!!! Dry Dock a close 2nd but it's out in Aurora (won small brewery of the year award - GABF 2009)

Falling Rock is great (100 beers on tap, most local) but not a brewery or brewpub.

I'd also suggest Vine Street Pub (a local favorite brewpub and sister brewpub to Mountain Sun in Boulder)
http://www.mountainsunpub.com/

Also Bull & Bush, AWESOME beers, another brewpub
http://www.bullandbush.com/

Back