Deliciously Fragrant Airlock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT's AZ Ale Haus

Reaction score
On Sunday I brewed APA Blonde Ale, and it is without a doubt the most deliciously sweet fragrant aroma coming out of the airlock.

Not sure why this is, just thiught I would share.

It is my first time using US-05 and first non IPA brew.

Cool deal. I have my first Blonde Ale going into the keg on Thursday. Haven't been able to smell it at all, because I'm using a blowoff tube. Can't wait!

Cool deal. I have my first Blonde Ale going into the keg on Thursday. Haven't been able to smell it at all, because I'm using a blowoff tube. Can't wait!

Pull the blowoff tub out of the liquid and take a sniff. It won't hurt your beer to not have the tube sealed for a few minutes.

I have a small room where my beer ferments in a closet . It really does smell good . Especially when I open the closet and get a big whiff . I like the way yeast smells. Just like when the wife makes homemade bread mmmm.

Pull the blowoff tub out of the liquid and take a sniff. It won't hurt your beer to not have the tube sealed for a few minutes.
I already screwed up half my batch by opening the ball valve for a sample while having the blowoff hose in the Star San. Sucked in about half a pint of it. SON OF A....Lesson learned...

Latest posts

Back