Deal: Samuel Adams Boston Lager Beer Glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the glasses today! They are pretty nice, however the smaller Sam Adams glass. I figured out why they sold them so cheap. They appear to be QC rejects, each glass has a slight imperfection, some worse than others. Mainly what I notice is a slight bubble in the glass, however one has a significant dis formed lip. Still not bad for the price.

I got mine today and I think they are QC rejects as was hypothesized. At least I hope so.

I wish I had known that before ordering, as I probably would have passed. It's still a pretty good deal, but it would have been nice to have had that info before ordering.

I got mine today and I think they are QC rejects as was hypothesized. At least I hope so.

I wish I had known that before ordering, as I probably would have passed. It's still a pretty good deal, but it would have been nice to have had that info before ordering.

yeah it's kind of a bum deal. I also noticed some glasses have the little "hop aroma release ring" etched in the bottom, and some don't.

Great deal. I just paid 8 bucks at the Boston brewery on Saturday. Of course I got to drink a lot of free beer that day. Just ordered a set. Thanks again OP.

Got mine yesterday and they are certainly QC rejects. Two of them are pretty much unusable, but for the price I paid I got a set of 10 more or less matched glasses to replace my cobbled together collection of random pint glasses so I can't complain.

I doubt these are QC rejects. I received mine yesterday as well. Due to the poor packing for glassware, one of them was completely shattered. None of them had the laser etching and all had a sticker on the bottom stating "Made in Slovenia". Pretty sure these are poorly made knockoffs of the real thing. I emailed customer service and was given a full refund due the all the glaring failures of this order.

I doubt these are QC rejects. I received mine yesterday as well. Due to the poor packing for glassware, one of them was completely shattered. None of them had the laser etching and all had a sticker on the bottom stating "Made in Slovenia". Pretty sure these are poorly made knockoffs of the real thing. I emailed customer service and was given a full refund due the all the glaring failures of this order.

I was questioning that as well, some of mine have the sticker, some don't. Pretty ****ty to advertise these as the real deal.

Doesn't matter if they are QC rejects or not though... it's pretty obvious they weren't accurately listed. The price point should have been a dead giveaway, but with something like a daily deal you never know.

I sent them an email this morning to let them know I received some pretty poorly constructed glassware (excess glass on the inside surfaces, huge bubbles in the lip of the glass, lack of the laser etching, deep grooves in some of the glasses). Hopefully I get some sort of response from them, but I figure returning the damn things will cost me more than I spent. Caveat emptor, I suppose.

Keep us posted on what they say. I have about one or two that could pass as OK in quality. Other than that, they should be thrown away. A waste of $25. I would have rather spent the $30 on 4 quality glasses. I'll never do that again.

I also received mine today and am very disappointed. While they are not in the condition some of you are guys are describing, they are clearly knock-offs or defects. Some can't even stand up without rocking back and forth! I would have rather saved myself the money entirely.

I'm sending them an email now to see what they offer. I can't afford return shipping either: they should just make this right for us. What a rip-off.

Just as an FYI, my email was pretty harshly worded regarding my disappointment. I was given a full refund without having to ship them back. Sometimes a well composed email is worth it.

Just as an FYI, my email was pretty harshly worded regarding my disappointment. I was given a full refund without having to ship them back. Sometimes a well composed email is worth it.

I was also quite confrontational in my email. Partly due to the fact that I'm a little drunk right now, but mostly due to my extreme dissatisfaction with the order. The email was in no way distasteful, but boldly expresses my disappointment. I hope they make this right for me.

found this interesting when searching around - anyone had any quality issues with the sensory glasses purchased from other sources?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001POYQAA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

This is a new set of glasses. However, they have a blemish or small bubble in the glass from the manufacturing process. In no way does it affect the functionality of the glass. (Imperfect)

1 of mine had a bubble in the glass, a couple had slight bumps on the lip but all had a small circle for what looks like the laser etching on the bottom.

i sent an email inquiring about them but I'm still happy with what I got for the price i paid - going to be doing a star san test this weekend to try to remove the label :)

Last edited by a moderator:
found this interesting when searching around - anyone had any quality issues with the sensory glasses purchased from other sources?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001POYQAA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

1 of mine had a bubble in the glass, a couple had slight bumps on the lip but all had a small circle for what looks like the laser etching on the bottom.

i sent an email inquiring about them but I'm still happy with what I got for the price i paid - going to be doing a star san test this weekend to try to remove the label :)

Looks like you may have gotten lucky. I have the same bubbles and deformed lips, but only about half have the laser etching.

Let us know how the star san soaking works, I may try it if it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today. No blemishes. No etching. Just cheap Slovenian knockoffs. Oh well. They hold beer. I'll use these for brew days. If they get dropped, who cares!

i saw a number of listings on ebay and a couple other websites advirtising that they were made in Slovenia. It's not really a poor country that I would think of for getting cheap goods made. I sent SA an email inquiring where their Sensory glasses are manufactured just out of curiosity.

I got mine today, so far I've only drank out of one. The lip of the glass definitely has some small imperfections as far as small lumps go. The laser etching seems to work correctly and all of them stood flat when I took them all out to remove the stickers. For a fourth of the price you really cant complain; especially for me starting my glass collection!

Great deal. I just paid 8 bucks at the Boston brewery on Saturday. Of course I got to drink a lot of free beer that day. Just ordered a set. Thanks again OP.

Too bad, you coulda gone to the bar down the street and gotten a free glass with an order of a Sam beer there.

Wow. I feel bad for originally posting the deal. Mine too all have some slight imperfections. Mostly in the logo printing. I too think they are QC rejects. Guess I should have known the price was too good to be true. I wonder if all the stuff this website sells is 2nds that they pass off as original. Sorry guys.

Too bad, you coulda gone to the bar down the street and gotten a free glass with an order of a Sam beer there.

What bar is that?

Also, I got a perfect pint glass when they first came out and it had imperfections in the lip (almost like a chip). I brought it back to the brewery and they happily exchanged it even without the receipt. I recently got 2 free perfect pint glasses at a local bar and they are both ok (although they have made slight changes to the logos (now larger) on the glass)

Wow. I feel bad for originally posting the deal. Mine too all have some slight imperfections.

Don't feel bad, it isn't your fault that the vendor didn't accurately list the product that was being sold.

I wonder if all the stuff this website sells is 2nds that they pass off as original. Sorry guys.

I wouldn't be surprised...

Yeah, I got mine in the mail yesterday. Imperfections such as bubbles and small cracks in some of the glasses, and I didn't see any laser etching on the bottom of ANY of mine. I emailed them and asked for my money back. We'll see.

From some of the horror stories I guess I got pretty lucky with my order. A couple have a small bump in the lip. A few have little air bubbles in the glass, but nothing major that keeps them from being perfectly useable beer glasses. Even if they are knock offs, or rejects, or whatever it turns out they are I'm happy enough with them at the price.

Yeah, their website certainly was misleading about what they were selling. I guess I'm not really shocked by all the issues. Hopefully for those who got some really bad glassware they are refunding you properly and promptly for it!

I got mine delivered yesterday and mine have some of the small imperfections that others have listed.
They aint fine crystal, they are beer glasses. They look good to anyone drinking beer. I expect them to get broken. I put two in the kitchen and the rest into storage.

I'm all stoked... Got two today as swag, just for buying a four pack of Double Bock. Couldn't help myself! There was an SA rep at the local grocery store giving tastings of the Imperial Wit, Double Bock and the Wee Heavy.

Don't feel bad, they didn't get back to me either. I'm gonna see if I can dig up a phone number on Monday...

CS got back to me today and I also got a full refund, and don't have to send the glasses back.

Slightly off-topic, but I've been enjoying an IPA from my one authentic SA glass, and I noticed the lip has a slightly raised notch on one end...maybe 1/64" at most, but it's visibly noticeable.

Just out of curiosity's sake, anyone else notice this if they have an original Sam Adams glass? (Owned mine for over a year...you'd think I'd notice it by now...)

After you posted that, I went downstairs and checked the authentic one we have in the cabinet, mine too has that.

After checking that, I went to further inspect my glasses received; 6 of them are perfect lips, all with laser etching; 6 of them have minor raised notches, like you said, and all with laser etching.

I didn't know how to check for the laser etching, I just knew it was working in the only one I've drank out of so far. After looking at the authentic one I saw it visibly and went to check my other ones. I'm not sure if you guys just got a bad shipment but half of mine are flawless and half just have the slight raised notch on the lip, which really isn't that big of an imperfection in my opinion... Still ended up with 6 perfect ones for around $25!

It took 2 emails and 2 phone calls, but they finally refunded my payment.

so far reg strength diluted star san isn't removing the printing - one "E" wiped off but that's it - im gonna try a stronger dilution and see how that works

Meh, for a little over $2 apiece shipped, they're not that bad. The laser etching is just a faint circle on the bottom, just the same as the originals. I had 2 bad ones out of the 12, I picked out the 4 best ones and gave them away. They look very close to the originals I have.

_

I too got a full refund without having to send the glasses back. I got two that are ok. I'll give the others away that are able to be used.

Back